Had Bilateral Bletharoplasty and Have Double Vision and Sever Astigmatisms in Both Eyes Since?

My surgeon says not related. And eye doctor says it is and very rare. I now need glasses for far and near to correct double & blurred vision. Will it get better on its own?

This can happen and it can improve

+1

The medical literature shows some evidence of visual changes, including astigmatism, after upper eyelid blepharoplasty.  This can last up to a year or longer, or it might be permanent.  Sometimes it just makes mild, underlying visual problems come to the surface.  Astigmatism is caused by irregularities in the shape of the cornea, and this can be affected by blepharoplasty.  The corneal shape can be changed, and this can be temporary or permanent.  Double vision can result from differences in the visual changes between the eyes, but it can also be the result of eye muscle damage during a blepharoplasty.  Depending upon how long ago your surgery was, you may or may not improve with time.  If you have any doubts about what your eye doctor (ophthalmologist) is telling you, get a second opinion.  In the mean time, you may need glasses for awhile to correct your vision, although it may turn into a permanent change.  Only time will tell.

It is rare but that does not matter because you are living it.

+1

These can get better but that does not mean that it will get better.  You need to be assessed to determine the most likely causes of the double vision (scarring, adhesion vs direct damage to an extraocular muscle.  It is improbable that the eye doctor you saw has any experience with this unless they are a University based pediatric ophthalmologist and deals with complex ocular motility issues.  I would encourage you to see a very experienced oculoplastic surgeon which should be someone who is university based or has their own ASOPRS fellowship program.  Seeing a University based pediatric ophthalmologist would also be appropriate.