Biggest Breast Implants for 32 Inches of Ribcage?

I am 5'4" tall; weigh 120 lbs; 32" ribcage; slender frame. Bra Size 32 Full A. What is the biggest volume of CC that I can go with a Silicone Implant for my frame? I want to look the biggest that I can go with but still looking natural and soft. Please specify.

Breast implant sizing

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Breast implant sizing

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Implant size

+1

It is difficult to tell you what would be best for your body frame without undergoing a physical exam and discussing your goals.

Breast base diameter is probably the single most critical measurement for selecting implant size

+1

The breast base diameter is a more important measurement than the rib cage band witdth. This determines the size of the implant that can comfortably fit "within" each breast without popping out beyond the borders and creating a double bubble type appearance.

Biggest Breast Implants

+1

It is really dependant on the base diameter of your chest more so than your bra size. It will also depend on the profile of implant you are looking at, whether moderate plus vs high profile silicone.

Having said that, what I would recommend is that you try the rice test. Here is a link that describes the little test you can do at home to see what you would like to look like from a volume standpoint. http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/journal/orange-county-breast-augmentation-sizing/66/

Once you have done this, I would recommend seeing a board certifed plastic surgeon to go over your options.

Moderate plus implants are a bit wider and have a softer look to them as far as the upper pole is concerned and high profile implants have a sharp takeoff at the upper pole.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Implant Size for 32 inches Chest

+1

The largest implant that you can receive and still "look normal" is a function of your breast diameter rather than your chest circumference. You need to pick an implant which is slightly smaller at its base than your breast diameter. You can then select different volumes based on the profile of the implant (low, moderate, or high). Good luck!

John Whitt, MD

Is it possible to recommend a Breast Implant without an Exam?

+1

Hi there-

No one could responsibly and accurately recommend a breast implant for you without first meeting with you to discuss your goals, and (most importantly) to examine you.

The choice of breast implant for any individual patient ideally is made NOT only on the basis of her desired size or appearance, but should optimally be heavily influenced by the quality and quantity of skin and breast tissue present and the dimensions of her breasts and chest. These are very specific measurements that an experienced breast surgeon would take and are different than the general ribcage measurement you give in your question.

I would recommend that you first find a surgeon Board Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery that you like and feel you can work with. Schedule a consult and communicate your goals to them. With a good understanding of your goals and your current anatomy, they will recommend options to you which will maximize your chances of achieving what you want.

You can read more about proper implant selection here:

http://www.orlandoplasticsurgery.blogspot.com/

Armando Soto, MD

It is your plastic surgeon's job to pick breast implants for the look you want.

+1

Hi.

1) This is a very technical question . Don't try to do it yourself. Show your plastic surgeon pictures of what you would like to look like after breast augmentation.

2) In New York City, we use sterile, disposable implant SIZERS during your surgery to actually see which size looks best before opening the permanent implants.

3) This is such a common issue that I wrote an article for RealSelf about picking breast implants. You may find it helpful and you can read it on my profile.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast Augmentation for Thin Women

+1

It really isn't so much about the size of the implant used, but about obtaining the look that you want to achieve. No, you probably won't need or even want to have the same size of implant that a taller, more "robust" patient might use, but if you achieve a natural, healthy looking outcome, that's the main objective.

We have patients bring in pictures of women who have the 'look' that they would like to have, and pictures of women who have the 'look' they dislike. Those dislike examples tell us as much if not more than the positive pictures. We use the patient's bone structure, musculature, breast mass, and their desired outcome lead the way in choosing the implant type and size as well as the implant placement site. Even two patients of the same general size could use significantly different implant sizes. Weight gain or loss, pregnancy, breast feeding, genetics and many other factors figure into each patient's surgical equation. Generally a patient your size would do well with an implant placed under the muscle. It's important to not choose an implant that is too large which can result in a 'bolted' on look. You want nice looking breasts, not obvious looking implants.

During surgery a sizer is used to determine the ideal implant size that will achieve the patient's desired results. We sit the patient up to make sure that in a natural stance the side of the implant doesn't show and that the implant provides a natural, healthy look.

It's important to find a surgeon who will listen and really understand what you want to achieve. Without that element, you may wind up with a look the surgeon likes which may or may not be result you want. I'd suggest consulting with more than one surgeon and then choosing the one that you determine will be your partner in this adventure.

Good luck!

Steve Byrd, MD