Should I Have Gone Bigger? (photo)

I had my BA 6 days ago and I have 210 round silicone unders implants in a modest profile. I'm 5ft2in and weigh 87lb so i wanted something that would be appropriate for my frame but i'm now thinking that maybe I could have gone bigger or maybe chosen a high profile implant. Do you think 210cc was too conservative and how much bigger do you think i could go without looking "fake" or disproportionate? And Is the increase enough to justify having a revision for a bigger size and high profile implant?

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1

Small implants look great, last longer, and have less effect on your natural tissue. If you hang tight for a few more months I am sure you will love them

Shoud I go bigger, Breast implant

+1

I think you are being reasonable, but I would wait until the healing is complete before making any judgments.  Rather than focusing on the type of implant profile or the number of cc's or bra cup size (with is inaccurate and manufacturer dependent), I would recommend you communicate very clearly your expectations and desires. Your plastic surgeon will decide with you on the profile of the implant based on the breast width, your body shape, skin elasticity and thickness and native breast tissue present.  In my practice I usually explain the implant types, profile and rationale for using different implants/ profiles. I also use the a special sizing system pre-op and have patients try them inside a bra so they can get a sense of their look. I never tell them what size I have picked until they show me the "look" they REALLY desire by trying on the sizing system in our office. Then we sit down and evaluate "the look" they have chosen and see if it matches what I have chosen by measurements and physical exam.  It does make it both fun and is a healthier partnership between patients and the PS.  Speak with your plastic surgeon.

Breast Size

+1

It is very common to second guess your decision on size at this point postoperatively. Your result looks acceptable at this point. As stated by everyone here, wait 3 to 6 months before deciding to change size as this will allow enough time for you to achieve your final result and get used to whatever size that ends up being. At that point, you can easily decide on increasing the size if you choose to do so.

Post-op breast augmentation remorse?

+1

At this point let things heal and settle down, You have a very nice natural result. If in 4 months you want to go larger, then you probably can.

Your surgery is done...

+1

try not to have second thoughts about what could have happened.  You have great looking breasts that fit your petite frame.  You could have gone larger but the differences would not be that appreciable.  Enjoy your new look and run with it.  When you have problems down the road, and you will, use that as an opportunity to change things to how you would prefer them.  Focus on healing and having the best that you can with what you have!

Six days post Breast Augmentation.

+1

You are only six days post surgery. So far everything is looking great! You will not have your final result for six months or so. If at that time you still want to go bigger, I would not go with  higher profile implants. Moderate profile implants have a larger diameter. So if you combine that and increase in size  you will have more cleavage as well as a bit more fullness in the upper pole of your breasts.Best Wishes!

Reno Plastic Surgeon

Don't jeopardize a fine result after breast augmentation.

+1

Most patients agonize both before and after the operation about the size of the implant they have chosen. From the photograph it looks as though you have an excellent result. I would advise you to leave it at that.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Should I Have Gone Bigger?

+1

Dear Anon,

Thank you for your question/photo.  I think you have a very nice result.  I would not go with hight projection if I were you.  If I were to change anything to go larger, I would go with a wider implant of the same projection.  This would give you a little better cleavage.  This is a personal prefernce of mine, however.  The following is an example of a petite girl as yourself with wider implants.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/photo-gallery/details.cfm?ID=77&StartRow=1

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Are Breast Implants Big Enough?

+1

Breast size is a very personal issue. Your implants are only 6 days out and look tight as expected. For a woman your size these implants should be just fine; I personally think the sixe is appropriate for your height and weight. Wait 6 months when your implants have softened and reevaluate. If you are after a truly buxom look then you may want to go bigger.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon