I Look Bigger Than I Did Before my Smart Lipo Procedure?

I had smart lipo performed on my abdomen, waist, and flanks and had noticed i look bigger evetywhere than i did before my procedure. My procedure date was march 22nd and 25th of 2013. Its been now 3 weeks since my surgery. Is this normal for everything to be looking alot bigger then before? Even though my soreness comes and goes and i dont have anymore hardness in any of my areas that i had smart lipo done. Its making me paranoid

+1

The early results depend a great deal upon amount liposuctioned and degree of swelling.  If an amount of 5 liters is suctioned, an immediate result is apparent and looks better with time.  If only 1 liter is liposuctioned, then you may look larger after liposuction.   You should wait at least 3 months before considering final results.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Healing for Smartlipo

+1

It takes time to let the swelling ease, it is normal to still be swollen under the skin. Make a follow up appointment with your surgeon to look at your results.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Waist

+1

This the most common question asked. You need to wait a lot longer for results. At this point a lot of your results will depend on life style. I mean exercise and diet

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Smart Lipo Swelling

+1

It is not unusual to look slightly bigger and weigh more in the first few weeks after SmartLipo.  If your physician uses lymphatic drainage after your procedure this might help.  I have all my patients start MLD(Manual Lymphatic Drainage) starting 1-2 days after this procedure.  I feel this assists in your recovery with less discomfort and to be pro-active with getting the best results.  I'm sure your swelling will subside with time but your treating plastic surgeon can give you a better time period for the results to be seen.  Good Luck!

Thomas P. McHugh, MD