I Look Bigger Than I Did Before my Smart Lipo Procedure?

I had smart lipo performed on my abdomen, waist, and flanks and had noticed i look bigger evetywhere than i did before my procedure. My procedure date was march 22nd and 25th of 2013. Its been now 3 weeks since my surgery. Is this normal for everything to be looking alot bigger then before? Even though my soreness comes and goes and i dont have anymore hardness in any of my areas that i had smart lipo done. Its making me paranoid

Waist

This the most common question asked. You need to wait a lot longer for results. At this point a lot of your results will depend on life style. I mean exercise and diet

Smart Lipo Swelling

It is not unusual to look slightly bigger and weigh more in the first few weeks after SmartLipo.  If your physician uses lymphatic drainage after your procedure this might help.  I have all my patients start MLD(Manual Lymphatic Drainage) starting 1-2 days after this procedure.  I feel this assists in your recovery with less discomfort and to be pro-active with getting the best results.  I'm sure your swelling will subside with time but your treating plastic surgeon can give you a better time period for the results to be seen.  Good Luck!

The early results depend a great deal upon amount liposuctioned and degree of swelling.  If an amount of 5 liters is suctioned, an immediate result is apparent and looks better with time.  If only 1 liter is liposuctioned, then you may look larger after liposuction.   You should wait at least 3 months before considering final results.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Healing for Smartlipo

It takes time to let the swelling ease, it is normal to still be swollen under the skin. Make a follow up appointment with your surgeon to look at your results.

Bruce E. Katz, MD