Can I Go Bigger Than 400 Cc Having a Small 34 B Cup Size? (photo)

What cup size would I get with a 400cc?I want a big look but my ps told me that everything bigger than the 400cc would sit on top and on the sizes of my breast. I don't really mind if my breasts would look fake I don't want to look like my breasts are high up to my shoulders! I would go up to a 500-600 cc, would that be possible for my size? I am 53 kg and 170 cm tall, 25 years old, 85 cm in diameter and a 32-34B cup size. I am interested in a silicone gel high profile under the muscle surgery.

400 cc implants

+2

An in person consultation will of course be necessary, but as previously noted the best implant to use depends on your existing size and the goal size. Do not focus so much on a specific cup size as a range, otherwise you are destined to be disappointed. High profile any things will probably look fake , at least a little, but can afford you more oomph!  Best of luck. 

Best Breast Implants For Me?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between size of breast implant and breast cup size achieved after breast augmentation surgery.  Based on your pictures, I like your idea of using silicone gel breast implants in the submuscular position.

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or  "size D” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Bigger Than 400 Cc

+2

As a general rule I prefer we prefer to use implants that are no wider than the breast. That can be limiting in terms of reaching a desired size in some patients. If an implant is wider than the breast, the appearance will often be unnatural The implant may extend to far in number of unwanted directions--too high, too low (both at the same time can occur), too close to the center (symmastia) or extending beyond the chest wall into the axilla. 

I don't like guessing cup size, because there are no standard definitions, and the amount of apparent size change varies from patient to patient. It is often estimated that 200 to 225 cc of implant will increase one cup size.

Your surgeon seems to be giving sensible advice. Best wishes.

Natural normal breasts could look a natural with larger than 400 cc implants.

+1

Thank you for your photo and question. I concur with your plastic surgeon that if you go much larger than 400 cc it will create an abnormal look.

You have. Natural normal looking pretty breasts. Larger than 400 cc would be unwise in my opinion.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Big Implants are NOT the answer

+1

At size 34 each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  A 400 cc implant will take you up 4 cup sizes, making you a 34 F.  However, you also state that you would like to have high profile silicone gel implants under the muscle.  Your photographs show that your breasts are already too low.  Putting 400 cc implants under the muscle would further displace your breasts inferiorly and laterally.  Also, you have too much distance between your breasts and this will get worse with larger implants.  400 cc implants weigh approximately 1 lb and additional mechanical load on your body is something that you need to consider.  I recommend a smaller implant with a breast lift done through a circumareola approach.  This will lift your breast tissue higher on the chest wall, increase your cleavage and allow smaller implants.  400 cc implants will not be stable long term and you will need repeat revisions.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Bigger is not always better

+1

Understanding patient needs and expectations are a very important componet of breast augmentation surgery. The high profile breast implants have more projection and a more rounded appearance. They also have more of the FAKE LOOK. There are also ultra high profile implants available but neither of these are my preferences in primary augmentation. It is important to look beyond the number and use the implant that is most suitable for you.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast implant size maximum

+1

Dear Suzie,

I agree with the use of high profile and better yet ultra high profile silicone implants in you. As you wish to be bigger, the implant width needs to be taken into consideration as you don't have a wide chest wall. Based on your pix you can probably go to 400-450cc. Of course would need an examination first. Another consideration is the size of your areola as the entry point. Breast of luck. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Can I Go Bigger Than 400 Cc Having a Small 34 B Cup Size?

+1

To obtain the "large" look it might take a few operations. Not just one. Best to seek additional in person evaluations. 

Cup size after 400 cc implant

+1

It is very hard to predict cup size after a given implant for different patients. First each patient "wears" them a bit differently, and manufacturers of bras make their cups differently. It will probably get you into a large "C" or "D" but there are no guarantees.