Bigger Nostril Size?

I have a bump on my nose. If the cartilage of my nose is raised to even out the bump, wouldn't that stretch my nostril and make them bigger?

Rhinoplasty and nostril size

+1

Nasal surgery does not change the size of the nostril unless incisions are made to decrease their size. Occassionally when work around the tip is performed and projection changed the shape of the nostrils may change as well as the angle from which they are viewed. The changes a patient sometimes sees are one of angle of view, or shape but not an incrrease in size.

Greeley Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril Size and Rhinoplasty

+1

If tip projection is increased, the size of the ala may decrease since they are being stretched out.  Thank you and I hope this helps. 

Dr. Nassif

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Nostril size won't change if done properly.

+1

Nostril size won't change if done properly and by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Look for a surgeon that does natural noses you like.

Nostril size with bump removal

+1

Removal of a nasal hump usually has no effect on the nostril size unless something is done to the tip of the nose.  See a board certified surgeon for an evaluation.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Worried about changing nostril size after Rhinoplasty.

+1

No, it doesn't quite work that way.  Removing the bump, on the nose, does not raise the nostrils and in fact would have effect on the nostrils at all.  The outer edges of the tip cartilages dictate the nostril size and shape and these would need to be manipulated in order to change the shape of the nostrils.