Should I Get Bigger Implants? (photo)

I have implants which I have had for 10 years. I'm now 29, 5 ft 6 and 118 pounds. (UK size 8). I was a size 12 when I had the implants and was a 34a-b cup. I had 325cc high profile saline gel implants over the muscle. Since losing weight they seem to be smaller and I can see rippling at the sides. I would really like bigger implants but I'm afraid of sagging and bottoming out.My own haven't dropped much even after having 2 children.I would like to go up a size or 2. Would this be too big for me

Be careful about improving a good result after breast augmentation.

+1

Whether or not you should be bigger is an individual matter after breast augmentation. Keep in mind though that if your breasts were soft and natural this may not be the outcome with a revisional procedure. I discourage my patients from changing breast sizes after good result in less they are significantly displeased.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Breast Implant Exchange for Larger Size

+1

You can certainly have larger implants now without a signficant concern of the breast pocket dropping. You have an established pocket of many years that will be able to hold onto a large implant without dropping. You may consider switching to silicone gel implants as opposed to saline to lessen the rippling effects.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Should you go larger?

+1

That is a question only you can answer.  Your current body could certainly handle a larger and fuller volume but you have to understand that surgery is not simply changing parts and complications can occur, making it a nightmare for you.  If you really wish to go larger and fuller, you should see a local surgeon who can help you through your journey.  As you have issues with rippling, your surgeon should be able to provide you the information you need to make the correct decision for yourself.  Be wary and choose wisely.

Should I Get Bigger Implants?

+1

Just do exchange to 400cc implants without any capsule release than you will not have a bottoming out. 

Goals for Breast Augmentation; Going Bigger?

+1

“Too big”,  like many things, is in the eye of the beholder. If you are interested in a larger breast size,  it can certainly be achieved safely. Best to meet with board-certified plastic surgeons  and communicate your goals carefully. In my practice, I find goal pictures very helpful in this process. Show your plastic surgeon what you would like to achieve and what is too small and too big.  Discussing goals in terms of cup sizes can be a source of miscommunication and dissatisfaction.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Should you get bigger implants

+1

Based on your picture it seems that you have a fairly long torso/chest so you potentially could go larger. You have your present implants over the muscle it seems. You could go below the muscle. That can solve some of the rippling problems. Your chest width (base diameter) is also important. You do not want to push out too much from the sides. But remember that the larger you go, the more the chances of complications and problems.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Changing implant size: What you need to know

+1

The largest implant that your body can accomodate without problems is high profile with a base width dependent upon your measurements. Without knowing your base diameter measurement, it is impossible to know how much bigger you could go especially since you already have high profile. Silicone gel implants tend to have less rippling if they are not too large in diameter (in which case the rippling would be worse. Going under the muscle doea not halp rippling on the sides. If your plastic surgeon agrees that you could go larger (say for example 100 cc's), one way to estimate is to put that amount of rice in a ziplock bag and wear it under your bra.   

Should I Get Bigger Implants

+1

Thanks for your question and for the posted photo. I think you would be well served by switching to silicone gel implants placed under the muscle, both of which will decrease the chances of seeing or feeling ripples. 

I am not sure what you mean by a size or two, but I do think there is margin for a modest size increase-by about 100 cc or so.

Discuss with your surgeon.

All the best. 

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.