Can I Get Bigger Higher Breasts with No Lift? Has Anyone Heard of a Vertical Lift Without Moving The Nipple?

One dr. says no lift saline or silicone. 339 cc. He says saline will lift the breast higher than silicone. He said that a lift won't give me the look I want. Which is high d-dd breasts. I'm ok with a little bit of the fake look but not ridiculous. The 2nd dr. I went to says that she would perform a vertical lift with out moving the nipple - just remove the skin under the breast. And would do 330 cc saline. Has anyone heard of a vertical lift without moving the nipple? Thanks!

Psudo-ptosis

+1

The goal of breast surgery is to make more attractive breasts.  Attractive breasts have the nipple at approximately the mid distance between the shoulder and the elbow.  The breast tissue should be centered under the nipple.  It is possibly for patients with ptosis to have the nipple at the correct position but excess breast tissue below that.  This is called psudo-ptosis.  In these cases, it is possible to lift the breast tissue without changing the nipple position.  However, without photographs or an exact description of your case, I cannot tell if you have psudo-ptosis.  If you are size 32 or 34 chest, then each 100 cc's of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  If you are size 36 or 38 chest, then each 200 cc's of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  If you want to be a D or DD, you can determine the size required for augmentation.  I recoomend silicone gel implants, retro-pectoral and simultaneous lift.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Bigger higher breasts with No Lift? Vertical Lift Without Moving the Npple?

+1

Having performed several thousand breast implant procedures with both saline and silicone gel implants about equally, I have not observed any difference in the degree of lift between saline and silicone gel breast implants.  Nor am I aware of any suggested or documented difference in our plastic surgery literature. 

Certainly it is possible to perform a vertical lift without elevating the nipple and areola. 

To recommend the best surgical approach for your breasts would require a consultation for a history and physical examination.  You certainly need to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon with experience in performing these breast enhancement procedures.  Best of luck to you!

L. Dwight Baker, MD
Dothan Plastic Surgeon

Vertical lift without moving nipples

+1

In rare cases, the lower pole of the breast alone is loose and a lift can help mold the breast and place it in a better position. Implants alone do not raise the breast significantly.  AN exam would be key.  Good luck.

Breast lift without moving nipple

+1

YES, a "lift" can be performed to tighten loose skin of the lower breast in cases of "pseudoptosis" without lifting the nipple.  Technically, this is not a true breast lift, but improves beast shape and reduces breast laxity by tightening (removing) loose excess skin of the lower breast.

Steve Laverson, MD

Vertical lift without moving the nipple

+1

It's impossible to answer this well without photos. Yes, you can tight the skin below the nipple with a vertical approach without necessarily raising the position of the nipple.

Ronald Schuster, MD