Do I Need to Go Bigger to Fill out More Chest, Even Though I Don't Want Large Breasts?

I'm an athlete, 5'10", 140lbs, b/t 34 and 36, A cup. I would like a large B/small C cup. Leaning toward 300 vs 339.

Implant Selection Process

+1

Based on your height,  I do think you will need a larger implant, especially if you go under the muscle.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

You need a consultation with a plastic surgeon for accurate sizing.

+1

This question cannot be answered without a lot more information. It is best for you to see a board-certified plastic surgeon for a complete evaluation, measurements of base width diameter and implant sizing.

Breast implant choices

+1

Choosing the rich implants for you really requires a thorough exam and a discussion of your desires for augmentation. It is difficult to say in this type of forum what would be best for you.

Larger breasts on a larger frame

+1

Not enough information is provided to give you a preferred implant volume for your desired cup size.  You are probably aware that lower profile implants will cover more of the chest for a given volume.  You can try on sizers and then measure implant diameter to arrive at the implant volume and dimension that wil best fit your frame and desires.

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

+1

Thanks for the question. Breast augmentation is all about creating the patient's desired proportion on her personal framework. Without photos of good medical quality, front and side, it is not possible to give you an answer. That said, and speaking only in the most general of terms, the implant sizes you mentioned are likely to give you a nice full B cup, maybe a C if you have adequate natural breast tissue.

Breast Implants in Athletes

+1

Your desires to fill out the chest but not be large-breasted can be obtained with the appropriately sized implant.  It would be difficult for me to tell you the exact number with out a physical exam, but somewhere in the low to mid 300 range as you have mentioned could be correct.  I suggest a low profile implant to give you the most height and width for any given volume that is chosen.  For Natrelle it would be the 'Style 10', and possible sizes would be 300-330-360.  For Mentor it would be their 'moderate profile' and possible sizes would be 300-325-350.

You should visit a few surgeons who have a great reputation for breast augmentation and discuss your goals.  Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and membership with the American Society for Aesthetic Plastis Surgery is important.  Bring in photos of how you think you'd like to look, and how you don't want to look too!

Web reference: http://www.drminniti.com