I Want Bigger Eyes - Should I Get Lateral Canthoplasty or Epicanthoplasty?

I really want bigger eyes, like the pretty girl below. What kind of surgery did she get? The first picture is of me. My eyes are kind of closed i took it like this so my double eyelid would be more visible.

Lateral Canthoplasty will make your eyes SMALLER-leave them alone!

+1

The lateral canthoplasty tightens the lower eyelid and causes the eyelid to slant upward which makes the eyes look smaller. Canthoplasty has the effect of closing the eyelid slightly which narrows the opening between the eyelids-so don't do it.

Your eyelids look great. Any surgery will make them look less natural

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-eyelid-rejuvenation-laser-blepharoplasty/

Don't touch your eyes

+1

Your eyes look great and IMHO don't need anything.  You're not a candidate for any of these procedures.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Eyelid surgery in Asians.

+1

You look great the way you are--leave your eyelids alone and do not have surgery. You can always find a surgeon to operate, but don't.

Eyelid Surgery? Be Careful What you Wish For

+1

I agree with the other Surgeons who have posted on this topic.  If you were my patient, I would specifically recommend against surgery.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Please no surgery

+1

You do have a beautiful face and eyes. You can try eye make up to make your eyes look bigger. Do not let anybody to operate on you .

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery

+1

Eyelid surgery is not a simple fix, and would not achieve the results you may see when you pull on your skin with your fingers.  It is quite complex, and trying to replicate what you see in a photograph is not as simple as it looks.  See a qualified surgeon who can examine you and tell you if what you are trying to achieve is reasonable.

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

It is hard to improve on perfection!

+1

Alexandrara

My professional opinion without seeing you other than your photographs is, wow, you so do not need eyelid surgery.  I think it will be very hard to have a benefit from the surgeries you are considering.  I think eyelid surgery will be a mistake.  Canthoplasty will destroy the elegant grace of your lower eyelid and may not in anyway make your eyes look bigger.  Epicanthoplasty will put visible scar right in the middle of your face without making your eyes look bigger.  It is possible that you might find a surgeon who will agree to perform surgery on you.  It is my opinion that you will feel like you made the biggest mistake of your life.  The model whose photos you will to emulate has very type of face than you.

Please stay safe out there.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.