Bigger Chin and a Smaller Nose Possible?

Hello, I want to have a nasal tip deprojection and a chin augmentation to make my profile more balanced. I made a before and after photo to help illustrate what I want. In the after photo, I reduced the projection of my nasal tip and slightly curved the bridge to balance the bridge with the tip. On the chin I just projected it forwards, I wondered if my after photo would be possible? Thank you.

Chin, nose and photoshopping

+2
The chin and nose should be in proportion to one another to create an aesthetically pleasing face. You have done a good job on photoshopping your chin. I think the nose is a bit too small. One negative of imaging programs is that the profile view only tells part of the story. A nose which make appear favorably to you in profile may be too flat and distorting to the frontal contours of the face. Simulations do not necessarily create a realistic perspective on the prospective outcome for which you should see a plastic surgeon in consultation. The nose chin combination operation requires intravenous sedation but the procedures certainly compliment one another.

Chin augmentation and nose surgery

+1

Both procedures are possible in recontouring your nose and lower face. The analysis is very good and can be translated into a surgical contouring procedure for your face.

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/face/26/chin-augmentation.aspx

Bigger Chin and Smaller Nose

+1

You are suggesting a very reasonable change in appearance. If you decrease chin projection it will be necessary to change the nasal profile. The only additional change in your nose I would suggest is raising the columella (the tissue between the nostils) in your post-operative view. The chin implant will improve your facial profile by bringing the nose and chin into proper proportion.

Reducing nose projection and chin augmentation

+1

It is possible to place a silastic implant in the chin to bring forth the chin approximately 1 cm or 3/8 of an inch. The incision for the implant is placed underneath the submental area in the subperiosteal pocket where it does not usually shift, move or migrate. This gives an excellent chin augmentation for a stronger chin profile.

Reducing nasal tip projection can be done by removing cartilage from the dorsal septum, tip, and altering tip cartilages. This can all be done at the same time under general anesthesia.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Bigger chin, smaller nose

+1

The very subtle refinements of the contour of your nose combined with the augmentation of your chin that you illustrate gives you better balance and harmony to your profile. Keeping in mind that computer morph imaging can be deceptive and sometimes yield unrealistic expectations, I feel that your desires should be achievable when performed an experienced surgeon with cosmetic expertise.

Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation

+1

Harmony or balance betweent he nose and chin is important to creat an aesthetically pleasing result. Certainly this is obtainable, but be careful no one can achieve exactly what can be done with photoshopping!

Rhinoplasty to deproject nose and augment chin is possible

+1

I think what you have morphed with digital software balances you face more and is completely possible. It is a subtle change but makes a big difference in your appearance. You can easily accomplish this with a closed rhinoplasty and a chin implant. The total procedure would be minimal and can even be done under local anesthesia

Balancing the chin and nose

+1

I think the "after" photo you produced is a much better balanced face than the before. In my opinion, the chin implant will make a bigger improvement in your appearance than the deprojection of the tip and you may wish to consider the chin operation alone, which has a speedy recovery.

Web reference: http://www.antell-md.com/newyorkplasticsurgeon/chin_implants_nyc.htm

Computer imaging of after results for nose job and chin enlargement

+1

The procedures you have illustrated using computer imaging of your afters should be achievable with chin augmenatation and a nose job. Please realize that these should be used to estimate but not to predict the final result.

Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation for Facial Profile Harmony

+1

Hi Black,

Yes, you can have conservative chin augmentation and conservative deprojection of your nose to bring your facial profile into better harmony. Many times, chin augmentation alone creates the illusion of a smaller nose.

When using computer imaging in our office, we emphasize that the image is a simulation and not a guaranteed result of surgery. Fortunately in the great majority of patients the actual real life result is even better than the imaging.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P