Why do I Have Bigger Breasts After Reduction?

I had my reduction only 5 days ago, but I am bigger now than before I had this done. I know it has only been a short while, but I am so discouraged. Also, one breast larger than other, it also was before surgery and my Dr said he would fix that, but its still bigger. Is it because he had done more work on that breast? When can I start seeing any results, this is not what I spent 7,000 thousand dollars on. Please help ease my mind.

Some breast asymmetry in swelling is common after breast reduction.

+1

If you had a significant reduction in there is truly no difference in size postoperatively, I think you have a problem. There will be a reduction as the swelling decreases but with a legitimate reduction the swelling will not match the volume of tissue removed.

Bigger Breasts after Breast Reduction

+1

Swelling following breast reduction is completely normal and can last several months. This swelling may cause the breasts to appear larger. If you have concerns regarding your breast size or symmetry, consult with your plastic surgeon to evaluate if any intervention is required.

Scott Farber, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Early breast reduction results

+1

Without photos and without knowing how much was removed we can't really say much.  

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Bigger Breast After Reduction

+1

You are way too early in your recovery to make these judgements.  Swelling really masks the final results and swelling can occur unevenly.  Relax and follow your PS's recommendations.  At 3 months evaluate your result and then go from there.  Best Wishes.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Concerns about Size and Symmetry after Breast Reduction?

+1

Despite best intentions, online consultants will not be able provide you with precise advise and/or reassurance.  Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to this.

Obviously,  at this point, swelling of the tissues is to be expected and evaluation of the end results of the procedure performed is much too premature. Also, any overlying dressings/bra  can certainly change the appearance of the breasts as well.

At this point, if you have concerns about breasts size and/or asymmetry,  best to address them with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to rule out complications that may also present with increased breast size/asymmetry.