17 Days Post-op. Too Big?

I am 17 days PO from Breast Augmentation. I am worried the implants used are too big. My stats: 37,166cm,56kg,32B-Implants: SIL, HP, round, smooth, 600cc und. I wanted a DD-E result. I have a small frame, but 14 & 15cm base area. My recovery has been slow & painful. I am still extremely stiff and sore, not sleeping, have intense 'burning' sensations day & night. Cannot drive yet, nor walk very far.. Is any of this normal or have we gone beyond what my body can cope with?

Large Breast Implants

+2

It takes longer to recover and it is more painful if 600cc plus implants are used for your breast augmentation versus a 300cc implant. I would be patient and you will not see the final result for about 2 to three months. Your skin needs to stretch and the implants will settle. Do not smoke or exercise and disrupt the wound. Please follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Good Luck

Leo Lapuerta Jr MD

Triple Board Certified Plastic SUrgeon

Determining breast implant size.

+2

You definitely have large implants but it is far too early to come to any conclusions about end result.  You will likely be fine.  The appearance you have now will change and you wil become much more natural in appearance.  At any rate just try to be patient.  Go see your doctor for reassurance, that is part of his job.  Many people have similar fears to yours at 10 days or so after surgery/.  You will be fine.   My Best.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Too Big at 17 Days Post-Op?

+2

Hi oseyis in Adelaide,

The recovery for this procedure varies tremendously, depending on many factors.  In general, the larger the implants - relative to your frame and the amount of loose tissue you have (nothing personal, of course!) - the more difficult the recovery will be.  These are reasonably big implants for your frame (not too bit - just relatively big!) so it's not too surprising to me that you're still in some discomfort.

On the other hand, picking the "right" size is not always that simple.  It is possible that you will wind up being bigger than you thought you would be, but this is a notoriously difficult procedure to predict precisely.  Many women ultimately wish they'd gone a little bigger.

I think that once the swelling has settled down you'll be happy with your result.  I don't know what size you were hoping to be post-op - and 600 cc implants are not tiny! - but I think you'll get what you wanted.

You should, of course, be talking to your plastic surgeon about all of this.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

17 days post breast augmentation is too early to tell for sure.

+2

Breast augmentation isn't like other surgeries.  It isn't just swelling that distorts the result and contributes to pos operative pain.  It's skin and muscular tightness.  It takes a while for  the muscle, skin and breast gland to "give" over the implant.  To ensure the best possible result, follow your doctors recommendations precisely regarding activity and massage technique.  Give it a chance and don't panic.

Ritu Chopra, MD

Breast augmentation post -op

+1

The pain is probably normal considering you have a large implant and you are only a little over 2 weeks out from surgery. Whether the implants are too big is a matter of personal preference. You asked for a very large size so of course the breasts are going to be tight afterwards if you weren't that big to start out. This should improve with time. My question to you would be where is your incision and why are you bathing already?

David E. Kim, MD

Disporportioned Implants

+1

Your picture indicates that your implants are too big and look unnatural but then on the other hand you did ask for a DD- E cup. Large implants can cause significant stretching of your breasts in the future. Your symptoms of pain and stiffness should be discussed with your surgeon.

Ivan Thomas, MD (retired)