Big Thick Wide Bulbous Nose - Options?

I am considering nose surgery but before I embark in it all I would like to know if my nose can look less like one of those animals from the muppet show with the round noses stuck on the front. Please give your honest opinion whether an improvement could be made and what I should expect post op.

Nasal skin thickness and rhinoplasty - nose job

+1

Your nasal skin is quite thick and would need to be thinned (from the under side) during your rhinoplasty or nose job.  Cartilage shaping and suturing would need to be performed to make your nasal tip less bulbous and more refined.  However, the amount of refinement will depend on how much your nasal skin contracts postoperatively. Good luck.  

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thickness of nasal skin severely limits outcome from Rhunoplasty

+1

Thickness of skin of nose has a direct impact on result of rhinoplasty.  Rhinoplasty delivers its cosmetic result by sculpting the bone and cartilage structure of nose.  Skin of nose simply drapes over the new structure to give nose its new look.

Thick and heavy skin will not drape nicely and will mask any improvements.  Thus the outcome will not show through.

In your case I will catagoricaly advice against rhinoplasty. It will do nothing for you.  Surgery may actually backfire since surgical scarring can make your skin even thicker and less resilient.  Do not have rhinoplasty. 

Vasdev Rai, MD