How Big is the Area Treated?

Hi, Is there a predefined area that will be treated with Liposonix per session? For example, is it possible that doctor A will treat a smaller portion of the stomach area compared to doctor B? For the stomach area, for each pass of the liposonix, how many spots (the device placed on the stomach) are treated? Thanks

We customize the treatment to fit your needs.

+1

The Liposonix technology is beautifully engineered. We are able to customize your contouring based on your anatomy. The ultrasonic tip can move over your body in sweeping arches, circles, or full squares. Completely non-invasive.

I'll give you a common example of a customized treatment. I call it treating the "butterfly baby bump" :) ...  Many women who have had children and who in spite of eating right and exercising regularly are still left with a butterfly-shaped bump of tummy fat..the top wings of the butterfly are situated above the belly button on the right and the left, and the lower wings of the butterfly are situated below the belly button on the right and the left. Prior to the Liposonix treatment, I'll trace the outline of the butterfly-shaped area of fat, and then we'll pulse so that the fat is destroyed. This butterfly-shaped area will be wider on some women than on others, so that means that one patient may need more pulses than another patient. 

Regarding the settings on the machine, as discussed above, you can see that we can select different patterns. Also, we can select the intensity of each pulse (60 Joules is preferred) and the number of pulses (3 pulses per area sequentially is the usual). 

I hope this example was helpful to you!

Alpharetta Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposonix treatment is customized to meet individual needs

+1

Liposonix, which used high-intensity focused ultrasound to permanently destry localized fat, can only be done in areas where the fat layer is of the right thickness. The version used in the U.S. has a fixed focal depth, targeting a layer about a half inch thick and a half inch deep. This leaves the superficial half inch layer unaffected, which helps maintian smooth contours, but importantly the area treated must have at least an inch thickness of fat. So in marking for the procedure only this area is done, and it is different in every case. The size of the area of optimal fat thickness determines the number of sites for the treatment.

Richard Baxter, MD