Am I a good candidate for combined rhinoplasty and chin/jaw implants? (Photo)

Well I am just 18 years old and unhappy with my appearance. My nose is very large and has a hump which I would like removed . Also the tip droops slightly .i feel if I got surgery to straighten nose ridge and chin implants to project the chin further combined with jaw implants to make it stronger my profile and front view would improve hugely . Also what would tou charge for such a procedure ?

Chin implant with rhinoplasty

+1
You have an excellent profile. A rhinoplasty to sculpt your nose is a good idea.
At your age, the jaw is still not fully developed and will become stronger until age 25.
Leave your chin alone until after nose surgery and ideally, until age 20.

Rhinoplasty and Chin/Jaw implants

+1
BB,

The areas of your nose which you are unhappy with can be resolved with a rhinoplasty, which you are a great candidate for. The hump that you pointed out can be shaved down smoothly, giving you a stronger profile. As for your chin and jaw, I do not believe much revision needs to be done since your jawline is defined and you do not appear to have a weak chin. However, I advise you to go see a doctor in person to gather more accurate information as well as pricing.
Hope this helps!

Dr. Ali Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Am I a good candidate for combined rhinoplasty and chin/jaw implants?

+1
I think that the rhinoplasty would be reasonable.  A chin implant will not make much difference. 

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

+1
The appearance of your nose can be improved with the changes you suggest and any breathing problems corrected at the same time. The cost of a rhinoplasty would be $8,000- 10,000. On the basis of the limited pictures you submitted I'm not sure that a chin implant is indicated, but if so little augmentation would be necessary. The cost for that would be about $2500.

Rhinoplasty and Jawline Augmentation

+1
It would be important to do some computer imaging on all of these potential facial changes. How you feel about your chin and jawline may (or may not) change once you see the predicted rhinoplasty result. A stronger jawline can be very complementary to a rhinoplasty but you have to factor in the costs of all of the procedures. Combined they could easily exceed $15,000. You may have to prioritize which is the most important and computer imaging would help you do just that.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty and Jaw Augmentaion

+1
Thanks for question. Your nose and chin are well within a normal spectrum for someone of your age. Everyone has their own personal preferences and aesthetic ideals and a good plastic surgeon will take these into consideration with each patient. With that in mind you could have some refinement of your nose including a dorsal reduction (hump removal) and tip refinement. From your frontal view there is some broadness to your columella but I do not agree that your nose droops to a great extent. I would encourage you not to seek elevation of the tip of the nose as it is a more feminine trait. Also with dorsal reduction and tip refinement there is an associated degree of ‘apparent’ and ‘real’ tip elevation. You also need to be aware that when you are taking ‘selfies’ with your phone at arms length the lens in the camera will produce some central distortion of the image. This will cause your nose to look broader and wider than it really is. For a true representation you should have somebody stand at least 3 feet away from you when taking the image or better still have a formal examination with a plastic surgeon. Your chin has adequate projection and does not obviously need augmentation. At your age there is still time for your jaw to grow over the next few years so your concerns with this area may resolve with time. Eighteen is a difficult age with respect to self-image, give yourself time to think about your options carefully and always seek a second opinion.

Guy Watts, MBBS (Hons), FRACS (Plast)
Australia Plastic Surgeon

+1
You are a candidate for a rhinoplasty to take the dorsal hump down and refine the tip.  As for your jaw, please see attached photos of Radiesse to the jaw to give a strong mandibular angle.  Your chin...it is hard to say with these photos.  The front photo shows you have a very small mento labial fold.  A chin implant would help that, but you don't need much!  

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

+1
The photograph demonstrates an overly projecting nose and a very mildly under projected chin. The rhinoplasty procedure would involve narrowing and nasal tip, bridge and decreasing the overall projection of the nose. You may be able to get by without a chin implant, but if so, only a very small chin implant would be required. For many examples of rhinoplasty/ chin implant combination, please see the link below

Chin and nose

+1
You have good chin projection. I would do the nose only and evaluate your result. Good luck. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

Nose and chin

+1
Thank you for the two photos and though a full examination is needed, I would not recommend chin augmentation though refinement of your nose would enhance your appearance

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon