Big Puffiness Kicks in 2 Weeks After Lower Transconjunctival Bleph? (photo)

I had my LTC bleph on June 12. The surgery went great. Not much swelling and bruising . Beside few days when I had dry eyes and soreness, it has been progressing well since yesterday when I started to notice that my bags are coming back. This morning I woke up with big puffiness under eyes. I watch what I eat, drink fluids, etc. but I am so scared that this is how is going to be AGAIN. I am not sure it it has to do with me applying vit E oil beneath the eyes before bed time.

Big Puffiness Kicks in 2 Weeks After Lower Transconjunctival Bleph?

+2

If there has been an acute change I would look for an acute reason such as application of something that is irritating or increasing the swelling.                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA  

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Upper-and-Lower-Eyelids.php

Swelling within limits after trans conjunctival blepharoplasty.

+2

Eyelids obviously swell differently after surgery. There's nothing us in the photographs for

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,22-atlanta-eyelid.htm

Your under eye puffiness 12 days after lower transconjunctival blepharoplasty may be due to contact dermatitis.

+2

The appearance of your eyelid skin appears to be acutely edematous, and your application of Vit E may be the culprit. You should visit your surgeon for his opinion, and ask if a topical corticosteroid cream might be right for you.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/PageID/4240

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2

Appears as normal edema or might be blephritis. Best to be examined IN PERSON and determine the issue. 

Swelling after a TC blepharoplasty

+2

You are in the early stage after your TC blepharoplasty.  Swelling can be unpredictable and will last for a few weeks. 

Puffiness 2 weeks after lower lid surgery; do not panic!

+2

Thank you for your question.  You are still in the very early process of recovery and healing after this delicate surgery.  A small amount of residual bruising can also be seen on your pictures.  Sleep elevated and minimize all salts and spices.  Alternating cold and warm compresses can help a bit.  Follow your plastic surgeon post-op instructions and see him as planned.  Good luck!  Eyelid plastic surgeon Toronto Dr. Marc DuPere  416.929.9800

Are we getting all the information here?

+2

You lower eyelids preoperatively appear to have filler, perhaps even specifically Juevederm.  If this is the case, you will have filler in the lower eyelid after surgery as well.  This can contribute to unpredicatable swelling.  If I am correct, you probably did not need a lower blepharoplasty, you probably needed to have the filler removed with enzyme (hyaluronidase).  If I am correct, you still need to have this product removed with enzyme, the surgery will not get the job done. 

Lower Blepharoplasty 2 Weeks Post Op

+2

You are still in the healing process.  It takes weeks to see the final result.  You can help yourself by sleeping elevated ( a couple of pillows, or a bed wedge behind your head), and taking care of yourself with limited activity.  Relax with ice packs when your eyes start feeling tight.  Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon for your best result!