Does a Big Nose Mean I Have Thick Skin?

Hi. I have rather big nose. I wonder, if you have big nose that means nose have thick skin? Or size of nose doesn't matter?

Nose size is unrelated to skin thickness

+1

The big nose is usually related to greater cartilage and bone structure of the nose, not skin type.  Patients with large noses can have thick or thin skin.

Does Big Nose Indicate There is Thick Skin?

+1

A person can have a big nose with or without thick skin. When evaluating a patient with a big nose for rhinoplasty surgery it is better to have  large cartilages and bones which can be reduced rather than thick skin. It is much more difficult to achieve an excellent result with good definition when the patient has thick skin regardless of nasal size.

Big nose mean thick skin?

+1

A big nose does not necessarily mean thick skin. A long or large nose is often due to the underlying bony and cartilaginous structures.

Does a Big Nose Mean I Have Thick Skin?

+1

No, a big or large nose refers to the overall size of the nasal structure (bone and cartilage)...the skin or a large nose can be thick, thin or in between.   

Big Nose and Thick Skin

+1

Hi,

A big nose and thick skin are not synonymous. Big noses can have thin skin with large nasal bones and large cartilage. A small nose can have thick skin making the tip of your nose bulbous and fat.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS