Nose is Bigger After Rhinoplasty

i have a big nose after my rhinoplasty and it seems the tip is far too high ? DNS corrected collemular grafts excision of lower lateral cartilage osteotomy & its been 9 days post rhinoplasty Had a long drooping nose & had asked the surgeon to raise the tip of my nose and cant even find it now. My nose is bigger and shorter pig nose horrible. pls docs help me out !!

Nose Bigger 9 Days Post-Op

+1

It is too soon to evaluate your nose. Swelling immediately after surgery can make your tip look bigger and your nose shorter. Patience is necessary.

Nose surgery swelling

+1

It is very important to give healing a chance. The most swelling occurs in first week but there is still a significant amount for months after, especially in the tip. I would not recommend revisions until about 9months plus after nasal surgery. Just be patient.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Nose bigger after rhinoplasty.

+1

It is too soon to make any judgements about your nose at this time. You need to wait at least 6-12 months.

Post Rhinoplasty Help....Patience is it's Own Reward

+1

Hi jck,

Sorry to hear about your concerns regarding your recent rhinoplasty.  The best advice we can give you is to stay in close touch with your rhinoplasty surgeon and follow all instructions.  It takes time for the nose to settle after rhinoplasty, especially open or external approach rhinoplasty.  There is nothing to do at this time other than be patient.  Give your nose about 6 to 12 months to heal before considering revision surgery.  I hope that all goes well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Too soon to tell

+1

I think it is a little too soon after surgery to tell.  You are only 9 days and the nose is still very swollen.  Give it a few months before deciding what to do next.  I doubt any surgeon would want to go in at this point in time.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon