Will A big Mole Removal leave a scar? (photo)

Im Booked to have a mole removed on my face this Saturday Im worried I know any kind of trauma will leave a scar but how big ? Will it fade over time? How long ?

Mole on Face

+2
Since the surgeon will be excising the mole you should discuss what procedure will be performed before the surgery.  You will most likely have a scar after the surgery so it is important to talk about this beforehand to avoid any misunderstandings. Please seek out a board certified dermatologist surgeon or plastic surgeon for the best results.

Will a big mole removal leave a scar?

+1
Any time you cut the skin, a scar will result. If the mole you have is excised,  there will be a scar that is slightly longer than the length. After the scar heals you may consult with your surgeon about options to improve it?

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Large Mole

+1
This is a congenital nevus most probably. Removing the mole by surgical excision will leave a scat slightly longer than the mole.
There are other creative methods to ultimately get a smaller length scar.  Also once completely healed laser resurfacing of the scar can improve on the scar. Long process, might be worth it
Samir Shureih MD. FACS
sshureih@msn.com