Big Lump by Incision After Aug/mastopexy? (photo)

I had my breast done 4 days ago. I noticed on 2nd day when the nurse took my wrap off, there was a big lump on my right breast. The nurse told me it will even out when implant dropped. Have you seen this before? Will it go away on its own? I'm asking here because I already brought it to the dr office attention. Implants are Mentor smooth round moderate profile saline 375cc filled to 425cc in right 350cc filled to 400cc in left.

Lump after surgery

+2

It is normal to have uneven swelling for the firsts couple weeks. i wouldn't be concerned .

Best wishes 

Lump post aug

+1

Since you are only 4 days I would wait.It could be a small coillection of blood that can be apirated later.As long as there is no fevr just be patient.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Lump after doughnut mastopexy might be swelling or deeper fluid collection.

+1

My guess is that the contour irregularity shown in the photograph is just differential swelling and will probably subside with time. Nevertheless, you should have your surgeon check this.

Bulge after a mastopexy / augmentation

+1

It is hard to tell if the lump is due to tightness of the skin or a bulge under the skin.  I would give it more time to see if dose not get better on its own.  I suspect it may even be a hematoma.  It it does not resolve then a minor revision may be indicated. 

Big Lump by Incision After Aug/mastopexy?

+1

Dear Mandy,

Thank you for your question and photos.  Its a little hard to tell from the photos, but it appears that the 'lump' starts where the incision stops.  This is do to the skin being tighter at the incision because skin was removed, and looser where it was not removed.  With time, the area of tightness will relax.  If the 'lump' does not completely go away with time, it can easily be removed by extending the incision lower and contouring the skin.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon