For Big Hips, Which One is Better: Liposuction or Laser Lipo?

I'm 23 years old, 175cm height, and 78kgs weight. My jean size is 16 but I'm 10 in tops. so I decided to fix it but I'm not sure which one is better for me. Is it true that for big amount of fat, liposuction in better?? please help me to decide! thank you.

The "BEST" Liposuction Method

+2

Regarding: "For Big Hips, Which One is Better: Liposuction or Laser Lipo?
I'm 23 years old, 175cm height, and 78kgs weight. My jean size is 16 but I'm 10 in tops. so I decided to fix it but I'm not sure which one is better for me. Is it true that for big amount of fat, liposuction in better?? please help me to decide! thank you
."

Dear Shery in Tehran,

You weigh 172 pounds and have a BMI of 25.5 (just barely into the overweight category). The MOST weight liposuction could remove would be around 5 kilograms.

I would look for a REALLY experienced Plastic surgeon and forget about the "laser". It is an expensive sales tactic to get people to have surgery by innocently believing it offers an advantage over well done liposuction. It has been said many time and bears repeating that just as the tennis raquet does not make one a great tennis player neither would a "laser" liposuction magically transform a below average surgeon into a Plastic Surgery virtuoso. Pick the best Plastic surgeon you can find and let him pick his favorite tool.

Good Luck.

By the way, it is nice to hear that despite the Islamist government people are leading normal lives in Iran.

Dr. Peter Aldea

More Fat can be Removed with Traditional Liposuction than with Other Techniques

+2

If you have a larger amount of fat you want removed, then traditional or surgical liposuction is probably a better alternative than laser lipo.  Surgical liposuction can remove more fat more quickly than laser lipo, smart lipo, Zerona, or other minimally invasive techniques. 

Only an exam with your plastic surgeon can determine if your fat on your hips can be removed safely, how much can be removed, what kind of anesthesia you need, etc.  Best of luck with your potential surgery!

Roy Kim, MD

Liposuction Technique

+1

The larger the volume of fat to be remove generally is the main guide to what type of liposuction would be best.  From the description you provided, I would recommend standard liposuction technique.  This approach offers the best opportunity to remove the largest volume and achieve the best contour.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

What technique removes hip fat the best

+1

Remember, there are a lot of devices out there to treat fat. The critical component is the surgeon. You must choose one with experience in liposuction who has predictable results. Don't fall into the hype about technology A or B!

Jeffrey Kenkel, MD

Vaser Liposuction is my personal favorite for many reasons.

+1

If there is a discrepancy between top and bottom, bust and hips, liposuction will always make an improvement. However there are many types of liposuction. Regular liposuction is virtually obsolete. Would you rather drive a car or ride a horse? There is still a great deal of controversy about laser liposuction among plastic surgeons. The only thing most agree on is that the marketing seems to be better than the procedure. There are still many competing brands and wavelengths of laser liposuction and the best one if any is not proven. After 25 years of doing every type of liposuction I consider the Vaser ultrasonic liposuction system to be the state-of-the-art for all parts of the body. It is less damaging, allows the fat removed to be grafted in other parts of the body if needed and causes excellent skin shrinkage.

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Laser lipo IS liposuction - choosing the right surgeon more important

+1

Brand-name laser lipo procedures have been heavily marketed with claims that in my opinion are misleading, such as "safer" and "less invasive." This has caused confusion and your question seems to assume that laser lipo is not liposuction. The only difference is that the laser is inserted into the fat area before the liposuction is done; since there is a risk of burns with the laser, by definition it is riskier. The technology should not be the decifing factor. Choose a plastic surgeon who is experienced, and trust that they will use the technology they feel is most appropriate for your case.

Richard Baxter, MD

Laser lipolysis for larger fat deposits usually requires traditional liposuction as well

+1

In general, I have found that traditional liposuction with the superwet technique is a good option for treating porminent fatty deposits. Laser lipolysis can be extremely tedious for this and a large portion of this procedure is performed and accomplished with traditional liposuctiona anyway.  

What is the best method of liposuction?

+1

Both traditional liposuction and laser liposuction can produce good results in the hip area. The most important determinant in getting a good liposuction result is not the tool but the hands of the one using it. Skill and experience is far more important than any technology.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Laser liposuction or conventional tumescent liposuction for large hips

+1

It is more important to have an experienced physician do your liposuction than to search for the technique that might be the best. All procedures involve the removal of fat and this must be done artistically and with an understanding of the anatomy and physiology of your body.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Liposuction or Laser Lipo

+1

I would offer a combination of Smart Lipo Triplex and Body jet lipo for your areas. You may need up to 3 liters removed. Best regards Dr. Darryl j. Blinski.