How Big Do Buttock Implants Go?

Hi I'd like to know what the largest size (cc) buttock implants go? anywhere in the world for that matter. I'm quite tall at 5'10 and I already have 600cc breast implants which suit my body perfectly. I'm not overweight but I used to be and having lost weight I have a somewhat deflated butt. Its not drastic but to fill my butt out how I'd like it to be I think I'd go for the largest available implant. I simply can't afford fat transfer plus it seems it doesn't last very long. Thank u 4 help :)

How Big Do Buttock Implants Go?

+1
Intramuscular implants can improve volume by 400 cc or so, depending upon the size of the individual. A significant amount above this volume compromises healing by creating more tension on the healing incision.  Fat grafting can be used as well.

BUTTOCK IMPLANT SIZING

+1

The most important factor in determining buttock implant size is to simply measure the patients pre-operative buttock cheek dimensions.  This is what primarily determines what size implant will not only be effective but also relatively safe and with minimal complications.  Trying to stuff or squeeze a larger implant into a smaller space can only lead to complications.  When done correctly by a buttock implant specialist adhering to these principles the chance of long term success are greatest.

Nonetheless, the largest (legal) buttock implant available in the USA is a 690 ccs round implant made by AART.  Indeed custom implants can be ordered larger, not only at a premium price but at a premium risk for most patients'.  Unlike breast implants which are placed under the very expandable tissue of the breast and half of the pectoral major muscle, buttock implants are (most preferably) placed under (or at least within) the largest strongest muscle of the body, the gluteus maximus muscle, which is not nearly as expandable or forgiving.  Thus most patients simply do not have a large enough native buttock muscle to fit an implant even over 500 ccs', without leading to significant complication such as wound breakdown/opening &/or implant exposure...necessitating removal.

Glad to help... @drryanstanton

Ryan Stanton, MD