Big Bulbous Nose Tip and Nasal Bone is Too Small. What Do You Suggest to Reduce the Tip and Enlarge Bone? (photo)

Bulbous Nasal Tip and Inadequate Bridge

+1

Your bulbous tip can be narrowed by changing the contour of your tip cartilages and  the placement of grafts to strengthen your tip and improve definition. Your nasal base (where the nose joins your upper lip) should also be narrowed. I need better pictures to evaluate your bridge but grafts are frequently used to improve the projection. My website has recommendations for pictures that help us evaluate nasal appearance.

Big Bulbous Nose Tip and Nasal Bone is Too Small.

+1

Can't see the nasal bone in the picture provided but the nasal tip can be refined with Rhinoplasty.  You should have several, in person, consultations with experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeons.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear steelerman777,

The tip can be reduced and refined to a certain point depending on the thickness of the skin

You cannot make the nasal bones longer, but you can add cartilage grafts to achieve what you are looking for

When you are ready, please see a rhinoplasty specialist who can address all of your concerns

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Bulbous tip and nasal proportion

+1

A rhinoplasty is all about balance and proportion.

I agree that the photo suggests there is bulbosity to the tip. A full examination of the facial proportion from in front and from the side will allow a surgeon to assess the proportions of your face.

From here a surgical plan can be made to address your concerns and meet your objectives. Once that is done and there is a clear understanding of what you want and what is possible, surgery can be planned.

It is true that reducing the tip may be the answer for you, but enlarging the nasla bones can be more of a chalenge

Best of luck

Jeremy Hunt

Jeremy Hunt, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip and narrow nasal bones

+1

Bulbous tip rhinoplasty involves  refining the tip cartilages with a combination of  conservative cartilage removal and tip suturing techniques. To widen the nasal bones, medial osteotomies are performed and spreader grafts are placed to hold the bones in the new wider position. Please see the   link below to our bulbous tip rhinoplasty photo gallery

Creating tip shape in noses with thick skin is different than noses with thin skin

+1

For noses with thin skin and strong cartilages, reducing the cartilage will yield a more refined shape. For thick skin, we often need to strengthen and narrow the cartilages with sutures then add grafts for strength to actually push into the skin to create more shape. This doesn't actually reduce the size of the tip of the nose a lot but has the illusion of a smaller tip given the more angular shape.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Rhinoplasty for the large bulbous nose tip and small nasal bones.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the large bulbous nose tip and  small nasal bones can be done by removing the excess tissue below the skin and thinning the cartilage as well as giving it support. I would need to see better views off your profile to determine what needs to be done to your bones. See you a very experienced surgeon for best results.

Bulbous tip

+1

Hi,

I would suggest an open rhinoplasty and defatting of the tip with cartilage graft reconstruction  using shield and strut grafts. The bone can be brought in using osteotomies. See link and Video link below about bulbous tip.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Both volume reduction and volume enhancement are part of modern rhinoplasty.

+1

The picture is not adequate to allow a specific recommendation. The tips are often dealt with by reduction of cartilage and fat whereas bony deficiencies can be treated with various types of augmentation. Video imaging should help clarify this.

Nasal tip to dorsum disproportion

+1

I cannot see the nasal bones or dorsum in this photo as it is blacked out, but I agree that your nasal tip does appear bulbous. You should seek an in-person consultation with a plastic surgeon to evaluate this further and address any problems with nasal breathing at the same time, if you have any such concerns.

Jeremy B. White, MD
Aventura Plastic Surgeon