Big Breast Implants on a Narrow Chest? (photo)

I am 1.60cm ( 5' 3") and 51.5kg (113Ibs.) I have undeveloped breasts so I went to a consultation for breast implants and was disappointed because my doctor told me the largest I can go is 300cc or even smaller (high profile) because I have a very narrow chest.I didn't feel that was large enough and now I am afraid that I will still have small breasts and my biggest dream is having beautiful and big breasts like those in this picture. Is it possible that I have at least similar breasts?

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Adjustable implants

+1

Unfortunately, you did not give us your bra size or photographs.  Since I do not know what cup size you are, it is hard to tell what you would look like after 300 cc's.  The other alternatives are a repeat augmentation if you are not satisfied with the 1st augmentation or you can get an expandable implant to achieve the size you desire.  I recommend you consult with another plastic surgeon and get another opinion.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant sizes

+1
The dimensions of your chest and breasts as well as the amount of native breast tissue and the laxity of your skin limit the best size and profile or shape implant to use. Going larger than your dimensions would permit is associated with increased risks for problems.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size and dimensions

+1

Implant manufacturers make available implants not only of different volumes but also different base widths and projections. Allergan, for example, makes a Style 45 which is an ultra-projecting silicone gel implant that provide a larger augmentation for a narrower base width. There are definitely trade offs to using larger implants though, such as stretch marks, thinning of your tissues leading to a higher chance of rippling and visible implant edges among others. You do want to be happy with the results of your breast surgery but you also need to listen to the advice that experienced, board-certified plastic surgeons offer you. You might consider another consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to see if you get the same response. Some surgeons are, by nature, more conservative than others. I wish you well.

Dr. Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Big Breast Implants Are Potentially A Problem

+1

It sounds as if the plastic surgeon with whom you consulted gave you good advice.  The use of breast implants which are "too large" for your particular anatomy are fraught with many potential problems, including capsular contracture, bottoming out, and other malpositions. 

John Whitt, MD