Can you lipo your stomach and have a tummy tuck in one surgery?

I will be having a bbl, tummy tuck and lipo and I was wondering because I hold most of my fat in my stomach area if I will be able to lipo my stomach area to have that fat for my bbl and still get a tummy tuck all in one surgery

TT and Liposuction

+1

In my own opinion, when you preform a Tummy tuck the skin looses oxygen while working on it, so what you want is to prevent this from happening to long. If you had liposuction at the same time the oxygen levels would be at a very low level putting your skin at wrisk and to reach a necrosis stage. It´s best if you have abdomen liposuction as a second stage surgery.

Absolutelly yes always you got no more than 18 lbs overweight

+1

surelly  and  safely, always  your overweight  be less than 18 lbs we may realize  both procedures, even if necessary we might do a butts augmentation with your  own fat tissue

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Kayser

+1

Yes but only in certain areas. The tummy tuck essentially involves removing the skin below the umbilicus(navel) and bringing the skin above it down to the level of the mons (pubic area) where it will then be closed to give you the typical bikini type scar. This newly transferred skin needs to be lifted off the abdominal wall so that it will be able to move this far. As such, the skin's blood supply is changed and is, therefore, more vulnerable to injury resulting in skin loss. Because of this, It is generally accepted that performing liposuction in this skin should be avoided at the time of the initial surgery. However, liposuction can be perfomed later if needed. For the bbl, all the fat that is in the skin below the navel can be used since this skin will be discarded anyway. Hope this help and good luck! Dr. Kayser

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the Abdomen with tummy tuck

+1

If I am performing A BBL and tummy tuck on the same day I perform liposuction to the lower part of the abdomen that I am going to throw away with the tummy tuck.  I do not liposuction the upper abdomen at the same time.

In a tummy tuck the skin and fatty layer of the upper abdomen is being elevated and then pulled down toward the pubic area. This both changes and stresses the blood supply that is keeping the tissue alive. Liposuction of this area at the same time further stresses the tissue and runs the risk of healing problems or loosing skin.

Some plastic surgeons will combine lipo of this area at the same time but personally I don't think it is worth the risk. If eventually you want to thin this area with liposuction it is much safer when the tummy tuck is fully healed and the fat could still be used for fat grafting as needed.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

+1

I would not liposuction your upper abdomen aggressively while performing a tummy tuck.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.