How big will 500cc's make me?

I had my first consultation I went in saying I want a Full "B" or small "C". I definitely dont want anything too big. After my exam the doctor said I have a concaved sternum and very rounded ribs with a 12.5 diameter and very slight "tube boob" so he recommended a HP saline implant filled to 600cc's. I got him down to 500cc but he was hesitant to bring in any smaller for me to try, those would best balance out my body. I am 6ft tall 135lbs. 34AA bra size. What size will 500cc make me? Thanks!

Not too big

+2
I don't often put 500 cc implants in anybody. That's big. Have you tried sizers? The last set of 500+ cc implants I put in fit the patient, but she weighed 200 pounds and was 6 foot tall, and broad framed. It was still a struggle to put them in. With 12.5 cm diameter, a 500 cc implant would probably have to be a high profile, making for an even more fake look.

The average size implant I put in is in the 350 cc range, and that is usually enough to increase cup size about 2 cup sizes in a thin patient in a 34 size bra.

Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon

BBA

+1
There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.
Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.
I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.
By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.
I hope this helps. Good luck!

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Avoid large saline implants

+1
At size 34 AA each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. To go to a full B or small C would require approximately 200 cc implants. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it. Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs but I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. I would not recommend saline implants since rippling is more frequent and you have very little padding from your existing breast tissue.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

600cc?

+1
I would recommend that you use a sizer session to help guide you.  We use the mentor sizing system and have found it to be very reliable in helping patietns see what various sized implants will look like after surgery.  600cc is a very large implant

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Predicting what you will look like with implants

+1
can easily be achieved with external sizers or 3-D imaging.  The sizers are much easier to manage and you could do this at home using 2 cups of rice in a nylon stocking to simulate a 480 cc sizer which is close to the 500 cc size your doctor is suggesting.  You are a tall patient and height allows for more volume, provided you have adequate tissues to cover the implants.  If the 2 cups isn't' good enough for you, consider more volume but also understand the risks of going larger.  And how bad is your 'concaved' sternum?  It will have  tendency to allow your implants to slide more medial.

Curtis Wong, MD

How big will 500cc make me?

+1
Thank you for your question. Without photos it is difficult to make a recommendation. In general, 150-200cc is a cup size. If you want to be a a B or small C cup, you need a 300-400cc implant. This, assuming that you have a normal rib cage and no breast bone deformity. I have patients try on sizers during the consultation to give them an idea about size in relation to the hips. See other board certified plastic surgeons for another opinion. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Implant choices

+1
A 500 cc implant is pretty large.  In order for any surgeon to select the right implant for you, you would have to be seen in person. I doubt a 500 cc implant will be a B or C cup.

How big will 500cc's make me?

+1

Thank you for the question. Unfortunately, online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Given your questions and concerns, you'll be best off spending additional time with your plastic surgeon communicating your goals carefully. If you find that you and your current plastic surgeon are still “not on the same page”, second opinion consultations may be helpful to you. Keep in mind, that there is no reliable correlation between the breast implant size/profile used and specific cup size achieved.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as "anything too big” or “natural”  or  "C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,   allowyour plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

500 cc breast implants will probably be too big for you

+1
Thank you for your question. From your description of your size and breast shape I do not understand why breast implants and the 500 cc to 600 cc have been recommended for you. From your description you sound very thin and 500 600 cc implants will look very large on you. In my experience breast implants in the 350 cc range will give most patients a full B small C cup size. Please consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in breast implant surgery in who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS