Exfoliation After Juvederm Injection?

I Just had Juvederm put in my face 18 days ago. I normally use a beta hydroxy acid and a cream with retinol vitamin A and green tea in it. Is this still safe to use? I just want this to last as long as possible. Thanks.

This would be just fine

+2

The combination you are describing shouldn't cause any problem or any rapid absorption of the Juvederm.  Go right ahead and enjoy your improved look and skin.

Juvederm and other skin care

+2

That should not be a problem and will likely improve the appearance of your skin as well as improve minor irregularities. Discuss with your physician in case they have any concerns.

No Problem

+2

The Juvderm by now has settled and made a home in your dermis. There should be no problem placing any cream or moisturizer on top of it. Your regimen sounds fine but I certainly would add a sunscreen to it. RevaleSkin Day cream which has a sunscreen in it ( CoffeeBerry itself is a good sunscreen, but the work it is based on has not been published yet). I also like Aveeno's Ultra Calming cream with Feverfew.

Good luck.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Cleansers and fillers

+1

After 18 days, I think it is perfectly fine to restart using exfoliation products. In fact, you probably could have restarted a day or two after your fillers were injected.

Absolutely.

+1

Thanks for your question!

You can continue to use all of your topical skin creams and products. The Juvederm is in the dermis, so there is no danger that what you use will affect your recent treatment! You can be 100% comfortable with the combination of those topical creams and your Juvederm injection!

Hope this helps!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Juvederm and Exfoliants

+1

Hi Hilda,

You always want to check with your injecting physician, but you should be able to use the cleanser with Retinol and green tea. 

Be well.

Dr. P