Revision: will a 300cc tear drop high profile give me a natural and fuller look? I have 240cc now but it feels small. (Photo)

I'm 32 , mother of 2 kids , 5 feet 95 pound, I recently had breast done two months ago 240 cc tear drop moderate profile , i was 32 aa before, now 32b but I fell small and space between breast to far and look not full. When I can go for revision ? I want litter bit bigger , fuller look , breast closer . I thinking 280cc to 300cc tear drop , high profile ? Look good on me ? Not to big for my body ? Please help.

Best Breast Implants for Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  revisionary breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "C or D cup”  or "look good on me" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate. Again, best not to discuss your goals and/or judge the outcome of the procedure performed based on achieving a specific cup size.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery. I generally select appropriate breast implant size/profile after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers and viewing the patient's chest in the upright and supine positions.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to revisionary breast surgery concerns) helps.

Breast Revision

+1
Thank you for your question and photos.  I would suggest you wait closer to 4-6 months before you undergo another surgery to allow your breasts to settle and scar tissue to soften.  At that time you can increase your volume for a fuller look as well as change the style of implant to increase medial fullness (to give you more cleavage).  Make sure you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs a lot of breast revision surgery for a consultation.  Best of luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Implants

+1
Thank you for the photos and I agree with the other consultants to switch to a round implant either HP or Mod(+) based on the volume you chose.  An implant 300cc's to 400cc's should make you a "C" cup

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Revision: will a 300cc tear drop high profile give me a natural and fuller look? I have 240cc now but it feels small

+1
After reviewing your photos- your height and weight can handle a slightly larger implant. I personally recommend round High Profile implants for you. Under the muscle requires special attention to the cleavage. When you have your revision your surgeon should be able to improve your cleavage. 

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Breast Implant Revision

+1
Hi Le,
You are still really early, so let things settle in longer.  Most women wish they were bigger a year later!  So this is not unusual.  Yes a larger implant would fill you out.  Right now your nipple is still below center, probably because you have a tight breast fold ligament.  Give it time before revising, things may settle in and then you can upsize in the future.  The difference between 240 versus 280 to 300 is only two ounces, so I don't see why you couldn't carry that, but we usually tell patients to go up 100 cc to make it worthwhile. All the best "Dr. Joe"

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant revision

+1
 I usually recommend of a patients weight approximately 3 to 6 months before changing out implants of bare unhappy with the size. Usually  before this time the tissue is inflamed  and scar tissue is still firm. Allow time for the softening of the scar and discuss your plan goals with your surgeon. Shaped implants today come in a number of different styles. To narrow the distance between the breasts sometimes a oval-shaped breast implant may be used or an implant with a generally wider base in the round base type.   I often use a 3-D imaging system to help patients visualize what the outcome will be like after surgery. You may want to seek a consultation with a surgeon provides these types of imaging systems. Good luck

Christopher Khorsandi, MD

Breast implants

+1
I think your result is perfectly fine.  I insist my patients think about it for six months before a size change.  You want to make sure you don't have to have a third operation, so think about it for a while until you are sure what it is that will make you happy.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

A Natural, Fuller Look

+1
The implants you currently have, are oval shaped implants with a great deal of upper pole fullness. From the photos the upper pole fullness may be outside the range of natural. 

I appreciate your desire for a fuller look and that can certainly be achieved, but I would advise switching to a round implant. You will achieve more width thereby reducing the space between your breasts and will reduce the upper pole fullness a little bit thus giving a more natural look.

In short, add width, reduce vertical height and go larger to satisfy your desire for more.

Good luck!

Robert M. Freund, MD