My problem with my nose is the tip. What procedure do you recommend? (photos)

tip refinement of some kind. i don't pretend to know a lot about any of the procedures, but i don't want any nasal implants. i like the upper portion of my nose, and the imperfect bump. im wondering not only if i need one, but what specific procedure(s) i should get, if so. my problem is the tip. its rather large and dips down quite a bit, especially when i smile and my nostrils spread as well (which are also slightly unsymmetrical) reply's will go very appreciated! thanks so much!

Nasal tip correction of bulbosity and deformity

+1
Thanks for yoru question and photos. 
After looking at the pictures, it appears that you have some bulbosity and asymmetry of the nasal tip. It can be corrected in isolation by doing a tip rhinoplasty.
-This would ilnvolve redcuing the width of the lower lateral cartilages and reducing the width of the ala. ---Also the release of depressor septi muscle can help reduce the drooping of the tip with smiling/animation.
- the bridge of the nose can be slightly reduced and made symmetric.
- A complete rhinoplasty can give you the best result and make it most natural looking.
- Consider being evaluated and having a computerized imaging of ideal nose for your face can help in communicating and helping you visualize the best result for you.
Best wishes and hope this was helpful.

Fixing a tip in rhinoplasty

+1
Dear shayjay7734,

• You can adjust the tip so that it does not droop when you smile
  • Nostrils that get wide with a smile can be narrowed slightly, but they will always spread when you smile
  • Your best bet is to find a rhinoplasty specialist who has experience and can guide you through the process
  • You can leave the bump if you like, computer morphing will help show you what is possible

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Rhinoplasty for tip refinement etc.

+1
Rhinoplasty for tip refinement etc. can give you a more refined symmetrical nose. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. 

My problem with my nose is the tip. What procedure do you recommend?

+1
The areas you are concerned about are frequently improved with a tip rhinoplasty or a full rhinoplasty, depending on your anatomy and desired outcome. Whether you should have the procedure is a personal decision only you can make. Additional information about the procedure which can be obtained at a consultation will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Nasal tip concern

+1
The pictures are hard to review but the nasal tip is controlled primarily by the lower lateral cartilages.  Often "grafts" can be applied to improve tip definition.  Hope this helps!

Michael Kulick, MD

Problem with Nasal Tip

+1
You have a wide asymmetrical tip secondary to the size and position of the tip cartilages which also contribute to the width and flare of your nasal base and nostrils. The columella (the strip between your nostrils) is also hanging. All of this can be improved with a limited rhinoplasty focused on just the tip. Depending on your desires and expectations I suggest that you discuss the deviation and asymmetry of your bridge during a consultation.

Ripple sty

+1
Thank you for your question and photos.  The best procedure for you can be determined by an in person consultation aided by digital photos that can be ailtered with your input until you see the nose / tip you are looking on your face. Then you can ask the consultant how it can be accomplished

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1
Refining the tip and narrowing the nostrils are common requests.  A nasal tip that dips down with smiling or talking can also be fixed.  The best recommendation is for you to consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.  3-dimensional computer imaging can help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD

+1
The tip and possibly the alar base can be refined to improve on the width.  The depression of the tip when smiling can be improved with release of a muscle. 

rhinoplasty candidate for bulbous tip repair and droopy tip

+1
 Performing only a tip rhinoplasty on this nose when there is a large hump present will only make the hump look larger and the nose will be out of balance. A full rhinoplasty must be performed to balance the nose structures with themselves, and your facial features. Releasing the depressor septi ligament will prevent the tip from drooping with animation.