Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty and Collagen?

I was told by a surgeon that after two to three treatments of nonsurgical rhinoplasty (being injected with radiesse or restylane) the body can produce collagen that fills in these areas and further treatments may not be needed. I only have some small imperfections that I would like filled out. Is this a real possibility? If so, this is a procedure I would greatly consider. Thanks! - Robert

Radiesse or Restylane may lead to temporary improvement in the appearance of indentations in your nose.

+1

To my knowledge, temporary fillers lead to temporary results even when used in the nose. Radiesse may last the longest of the temporary fillers, up to two years.

In many patients I may prefer to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results, when considering Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedures.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty

+1

Indeed non-surgical approaches such as the use of fillers has revolutionized the treatment of nasal defects as the risks and downtime and cost are quite minimal. I would start with a reversible filler such as restylane or per lane which should last about 1 year or so ; if you're happy with the results, in the future you might try a longer lasting non-reversible (no real antidote if you don't like it) filler such as radiesse.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon