Why is my stomach bigger now than before? Should I have an ultrasound done? Do I have fibroids now from the CoolSculpting?

I had cool sculpting done on my lower abdominal 9 mo. ago and my stomach is bigger now. 35". i don't know what to do now. i contacted them and they told me it is rare. and they would get back to me. They haven't. it feels very firm not soft. I weighed 120 , now 117. I have no pain.

Stomach is bigger post treatment

+1
Sorry for your distress. It would be complete speculation what is occurring. While your condition is unlikely to do with coolsculpting, we do not know your medical history, condition, or the type of treatment that you had. The best resource would be your OB GYN. Please update your post after consulting with your physician.

Cool Sculpting

+1
Cool Sculpting doesn't penetrate deep enough to cause internal organ changes to my knowledge.  You sound be seen and examined if you an issue with fibroids by you OB/GYN. Cool Sculpting is treating the fat on the surface.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Stomach is bigger after CoolSculpting

+1
I don't think anyone here can make an accurate assessment in regards to what you are experiencing without an in-person evaluation. What we can tell you though is that the CoolSculpting treatment does not cause fibroids. Instead of communicating via telephone with your CoolSculpting providers you should schedule a follow-up for an in-person evaluation. If you are getting the run around from them then we would be happy to assist you. Good luck! 

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Unlikely Coolsculpt would have any effect on the uterus or cause fibroids

+1
Hello Borovay, 

I am sorry to hear you are not having a positive experience following your coolsculpt treatment. Were you told to massage the area after the treatment? Massage often helps with the result and softens the area.   It is possible you have some dense scar or fat necrosis in the area that is responsible for the hardness you are feeling. The device should not penetrate the abdominal wall muscles much less have any effect on the uterus. That being said it would be advisable to have an evaluation by your physician and an ultrasound both of the area on the abdomen and of your uterus to make sure everything is ok. You can also try endermology to soften the area.  If all else fails or it continues to be hard or enlarge - you can always consider a mini-tummy tuck although from your weight it sounds as if you are quite lean.  

Joseph B. Eby, MD, FACS