My candidacy for a Non-Surgical Asian Rhinoplasty treatment? (photo)

My nose is slightly slanted. Would filler be effective in my case? Which one should I use?

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty for Slanted Nose

+1
Dear starfish788~

Thank you for your question and photo. Filler can help to camouflage general contour irregularities so that the nose appears more straight, but the only way to actually straighten the nose is to have surgery to correct the deviation.

It is difficult to say without seeing your entire face, but in your photograph it appears that you have an indentation on the right sidewall and that your nose generally "slants" to the right. Placing some filler in the indentation on the right side and in the area just above your tip on the left side may give the appearance of a straighter nose.

I would recommend starting with a dissolvable hyaluronic acid filler such as Restylane or Perlane. These fillers can be adjusted later if necessary, and they can also be completely dissolved if you decide to have surgery later.

Amy Hsu

Non-surgical rhinoplasty treatments may improve the appearance of a crooked nose, depending on your examination.

+1
Your photo is grainy and limited for evaluation. If the slanted appearance of your nose is from an indentation along the right sidewall of your nose, well-performed fillers may lead to improvement. In our practice we prefer to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Applications and limitations of non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1
Non-surgical rhinoplasty can add volume - helping to symmetrize contour irregularities and depressions along the nose, but it will not be able to straighten a deviated nose.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD