If I have an indentation on the bottom of my lip, will a hyaluronic acid pill or any injectable filler make that disappear?

I have an indentation in the middle of my bottom lip (much like Angelina Jolie does). I'm more interested to know if intaking hyaluronic acid through a pill will make it disappear, and will it make all wrinkles on my lips disappear? The thing is, I don't want my indentation to disappear, I'd just like my lips to be slightly more plumped. If it does disappear, is it permanent? And is there any permanent way to plump lips while leaving the natural look and feel to it

Hyaluronic acid fillers for the lip

+1
Thanks for your question.
Hyaluronic acid fillers are great choice for making the lip fuller and symmetric.
HA fillers are reversable if needed by an injection.
HA fillers can improve the shape of the lip but they last 6-9 months most of the time.
Best wishes

+1
Dear Breezy,

HA fillers are a great way to improve lip fullness. HA are not permanent they last about 6-9 months. A good permanent way to increase lip fullness would be with lip implants. 

Hope this was helpful!

Kristin J. Tarbet, MD
Bellevue Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1
Using HA fillers to the lips are a great way to balance and plump your lips!  Yes, you can keep the shape and feel of your lip while just plumping them!  No, HA fillers are not permanent!

Indentation on your Lip

+1
I suggest you post a photo for us to give you a better assessment and enable us to provide a treatment recommendation.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

San Francisco Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment of indentation of lips

+1
It's hard to make an accurate assessment without seeing a picture of your lips. Fillers can be used to give your lips a more pouty look. When done by an experienced injector you will still maintain the natural look and shape of your lips. It can also help raise the indentation without completely taking it away. The best thing to do is to schedule a consultation to see which filler would be most appropriate for you. Hope this helps!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

+1
  Injectable fillers are reasonable to plump lips.  Evaluation is always key.

Lower lip filler

+1
Juvederm can help plump your lips in a natural way.  It shouldn't be applied to make all the wrinkles disappear since this is unnatural looking.  As for the indentation, it's hard to know what you mean exactly without seeing you.  If recommend you go to an experienced injector and communicate exactly what look you are hoping to achieve.

Dr. Cat Begovic 

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD