Which Implant will give me a natural look? I don't like round look and thinking to get gummy bear tear drop Implants. (photos)

Will round implant get me this look? I am 5.4, 130lb and I have 34b breast size. Would like to get full C, like 375cc Sientra.

Can you tell round from shaped breast implants??? Actually, experts can't in most cases!!!

+2
I was at the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (the worlds most important aesthetic surgery annual meeting) meeting in SF last week. A large audience of over 300 Board Certified and very experienced plastic surgeons were asked to vote whether the results they were shown in about 20 patients were from round or shaped (tear drop) breast implants. At the end of an hour long panel discussion, the results were revealed and were quite interesting:

1. At no better that a coin toss rate (50:50) the surgeons couldn't tell one from the other

2. 70% of the surgeons said they were going to do more rounds as a result

As long as you don't have big fake high profile type implants, it is almost impossible to tell rounds from shaped!

Round breast implants are designed to give a natural look

+1
Thank you for your question.  Generally speaking in my experience round breast implants are most often used to create a natural look.  The statistics quoted by Dr. Rand below are quite interesting.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Achieving the most natural result

+1
requires an exam of your tissues.  Most do great with round gel implants.  But there are certain circumstances where a shaped implant, if you are accepting of the risks of using them, may be beneficial.  Your surgeon should have some experience with both so you can make the best choice for yourself.  And I was at the same meeting with Dr. Rand and it was interesting to see how its so difficult to tell shaped from round implant results.

Curtis Wong, MD

Teardrop implants

+1
I am not a fan of teardrop implants. If they shift position they can cause misshapened breasts.  Stick with round implants.  The term gummy bear is generic and applies to all gel filled implants on the market.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Natural Breast Augmentation

+1

'Natural' is a very subjective term.  I have found prospective patients looking at my photos complaining that they all look fake, and I have found some that complain that they are all too natural looking! However, you have submitted your aesthetic goal appearance and so it give us insight as to what it means to you.

Choosing the right implant for your anatomy is the most important way to create a natural result, along with subpectoral placement and the absence of any pathology like capsular contracture. Dr. Rand mentioned the surprising results at the Aesthetic Meeting last week, and I feel this highlights a great point: the relative size of the implant to your anatomy has more effect on the appearance of the breast augmentation result than any other factor, including breast implant shape or profile.

Unlike round implants, shaped implants have little tolerance for mismatching implant size with patient anatomy. Additionally, shaped implants need precise pocket dimensions to avoid rotation.  However, I think these devices are excellent; they have been shown to have the lowest rates of all complications associated with breast augmentation.  I encourage you to pursue shaped implants, but you need to realize that you cannot just pick a size like you did (375 Sientra); that's just not how it works (and that's not how it should work for round implants either!).

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Round vs tear drop

+1
Dr Rand has given you a perfect answer to your question and I thoroughly agree with his response

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

A natural appearing breast augmentation

+1
Your question is an excellent one but unfortunately very difficult to answer on the internet.  My practice specializes in natural appearing implants and in order to obtain that I use all shapes and sizes of implants, in multiple profiles.  The key to a natural appearing result is tailoring the operation to the patient, and so it will depend on the amount of breast tissue you have, the position of your breast, the position of your nipple, the anatomy of the crease below your breast, and your goals for postoperative size.  I would strongly recommend that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who's before and after photos you like and with whom you feel has a good understanding of your wishes.
Good luck and best wishes!
Dr. L

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Which Implant will give me a natural look?

+1
To my eye all of the photos you enclosed look to be round implants, and they almost always look and act and feel the most natural.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Which Implant will give me a natural look? I don't like round look and thinking to get gummy bear tear drop Implants.

+1
   The selection of implants is based upon not only your goal but also your starting point.  If there is a little upper pole fullness to start, round implants would be better.  If you have more upper pole fullness to start, a tear drop would give you a look more like what you describe.

Best implants for natural look

+1
Thank you for your inquiry about the best breast implant for you.

You will need a shaped, natural contour implant (tear drop) if you do not like upper pole fullness.
I have been very happy with the cohesive gel (gummy bear) Sientra implants for my patients.

The best implant for you depends on many factors - chest and breast measurements and skin quality as well as your goals. Your plastic surgeon will have taken these into account. If you have concerns, return a second time to review your choice.

Although a 375 cc implant will make most women your size a C cup, the cup size is not scientific. A woman may wear a B, C or D cup implant depending on the style and the cup size is larger as chest circumference gets larger. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD