Botox Jawline reduction-how many units do I need? (photo)

I have a strong jawline and is currently considering botox to reduce the size of my jawline. Should I start with 25 units on each side? Also, can I go to any licensed practice? There are so many places to get botox in LA nowadays...

Botox for jawline slimming

+1
You should consult an experienced injector who will assess your masseter muscles and bone structure to see if Botox would be of benefit in slimming your jawline.  The number of units depends on the size of the patient's muscles.

Toronto Dermatologist

Botox for masseter reduction, V-line

+1

For an initial treatment, 25 units of Botox per side is a reasonable starting dose. For most female patients, this will achieve a nice contour.

Botox for jawline reduction is a very specialized application of Botox, and it's important to seek out a board-certified and experienced physician, but one who is experienced with this specific technique. The distribution and placement of the Botox is just as important to a successful result as the dosage, so it's important to seek out a doctor who knows how to inject it well.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Best Treatment to Improve Jawline That Has Large Masseter Muscle

+1

Hi Starfish,

The treatment of the masseter muscle with Botox to improve the jawline is an advanced technique. I would only see an experienced and skilled physician injector for the treatment of this area. It is not worth the possible adverse events by having just anyone perform the injections. The dosage used depends on the size of the muscle. 25 units on each side may be right for you. We usually see our patients back after about 3 weeks for a booster treatment. Good luck and be well.

Michael Persky, MD

Encino, CA

Michael A. Persky, MD

Botox Jawline reduction-how many units do I need?

+1

25 units on each side is a reasonable amount. I would inquire as to the experience of the doctor with injections to that area.

+1

I would use a total of 25 units with the caveat that you MUST rerun in 10 days for possible touch up.///

How much Botox is used for jawline slimming

+1

On average, 25 units of Botox or 75 units of Dysport are used for jawline slimming per side. This is an average though and so not everyone would need the exact same amount, or injections into the exact same places on each jawline. For most people in the world, there is a bit of asymmetry to the face, including the jawline, and this must be noted and treated accordingly. "Can" you go to any license practice is not the same answer as "should" you. You should make calls, ask questions, and find an office that has a board-certified injector who does a lot of these types of treatments. Don't shop for price - shop for quality!

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Botox Units for Jaw reduction

+1

As others had mentioned earlier, Botox units needed depends on each individual's musculature.

In our office we frequently start anywhere from 20-35 U on each side depending on how strong/large that muscle is. Many patients have slightly stronger muscles on one side or another. Follow up in 2 weeks to assess the initial treatment.

The right dose ensures optimal results are achieved. It is important to have somebody work with your specific anatomy

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox (Dysport) for Jaw Shaping

+1

Hi Starfish. 75 units of Dysport (same as 25 units of Botox) would be our recommendation for each side. This same treatment is repeated 2-3 times per year for the average patient.

As far as whom to visit for the service, you may consider someone that has done this successfully before as a good starting point.

You can see a nice example of jaw slimming for an Asian patient at the link below.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

I Usually Use 12 to 20 Units of Botox or 48 to 80 Units of Dysport for Masseter Muscle (Jaw Line) Reduction.

+1

All treatments are individual depending on your specific needs. I would recommend seeing a doctor who is experienced in doing this treatment.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox to masseter muscle

+1

15-20 units per side is a good start, but it of course depends on your exam. See a reputable office with extensive experience with Botox injections.

Luis H. Macias, MD