Artefill or Silikon-1000 in the Nose?

I was told I needed a complex, graft-filled revision. Because of this and my experience with bad surgeries, I am seriously considering nonsurgical correction with either artefill or silikon. My questions about the two are: 1) which of the two is more likely to form granulomas or cause complications? and 2) which can be removed if problems form? (I have heard that artefill can be removed; not sure about silikon-1000). I'm also looking for a nonsurgical physician...

Artefill or Silikon-1000 in the Nose?

+1

Silicone can't be removed although Artefil within nasal tissues probably couldn't be removed either.  If I was forced to pick one, I'd say Artefil.

Artefill or SIlikon-1000

+1

We do not inject any these products in the nose  due to the granulomas and  complications that are permanent. It's always best to seek out a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon using cartilage grafts when necessary to build up and restore the nose. Seek out at least 3 different opinions  from reputable rhinoplasty surgeons in your area

Silikon-1000 may be used by experienced physicians for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedures.

+1

Feel free to re-ask your question with photos, so we could see if nasal injections would be right for you. Our philosophy is to reserve complex revision rhinoplasty as a last resort. If you're an appropriate candidate, silicone nasal injections may lead to pleasing, permanent results. The safety profile of silicone nasal injections has been favorable in my experience, and in the experience of my teachers. The expertise of your surgeon is of paramount importance

There is a small chance (<1%) of developing bumps or redness at the sites of silicone injection. I am not aware of any cases of necrosis (dead skin) with silicone nasal injections.

I would not recommend ArteFill or temporary nasal fillers, as these are associated with a low risk of skin necrosis.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Artefill or Silicon-100O for nasal filler

+1

Silicon-1000 or artefill are permanent fillers both of which in the past have had may problems including granulomas, inflammation, etc..  I would not use these for injection purposes.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Silicone injection is not approved by the FDA. They will cause Granulomas, and should never be used as a filler. Artefill is a permanent filler and if you have any problems with it, not liking the results, putting it in the wrong area, etc there is nothing you can do to it, permanent problems.

Artefill or silicone filler for the nose?

+1

I would strongly suggest that you try neither filler. Both Artefill and silicone are permanent fillers that have the potential of causing granulomas and other inflammatory problems and neither can be removed in reality.

I would encourage you to seek out a competent surgeon with ample experience in revision rhinoplasty and consult with him or her. Best of luck.

Dr. Andres Gantous

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon