Can I Use Betimol Instead of Latisse?

I have the glaucoma medication Betimol. Can I use that in place of Latisse?

Betimol vs Latisse

+1

No you may not. Different class of medicine altogether. Betimol does not cause eyelash growth, do not use glaucoma meds interchangiably. Both lower the intraocular pressure, only Latisse (Bimatoprost 0.03%) causes lash growth

New York Ophthalmologist

Betimol Instead of Latisse

+1

Betimol and Latisse are completely different products, so the answer is no. You might be confused by the fact that Lumigan and Latisse are the same product, but not Betimol.

Anthony J. Kameen, MD
Baltimore Ophthalmologist

Simple answer: No

+1

Betimol is not a substitute for Latisse.  Timolol (Betimol) belongs to a completely different class of drugs -- beta blockers.  Beta blockers have a much more frequent incidence of systemic side effects, like exercise intolerance, erectile dysfunction, and heart rate changes.  Be very careful using prescription medications without doctor supervision!

Benjamin Ticho, MD
Chicago Ophthalmologist

Using Betimol instead of Latisse

+1

Betimol is timolol which is a "beta blocker" medication and has no relationship to Latisse (bimatoprost). It can therefore not be used in place of Latisse and has not been proven to stimulate the growth of eyelashes.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Matisse substitutes

+1

You can use lumigan which is the same as Latisse Or any prostaglandin glaucoma agent Like travatan Not a beta blocker like timolol

Emil Chynn, MD
New York Ophthalmologist