Best Treatment for White Patches Left After IPL?

Today is the tenth day after my IPL procedure. All the scabs are gone, but I was left with white patches where the scabs were. What is the best treatment for this?

Time.

+1

Thanks for your question.

I'm sorry to hear that you had post-inflammatory hypopigmentation from your IPL procedure. It is common to get this when you do experience scabbing, but I understand that the resulting discoloration can be bothersome. However, when it comes to hypopigmenation, the only thing you can really do is to wait it out. Time is the sole treatment for hypopigmention.

Some people have tried sun exposure to get it to repigment quicker, but I would wait in your case - it's only been 10 days, plus sun exposure may make the surrounding skin darker and your spots more obvioius. Some have tried the excimer laser, but this is not a standard of care for your hypopigmentation.

So, wait it out. It should get much better over the following month.

Good luck. Hope this helps!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist