Best Treatment for Fine Lines Under Eyes?

I have a few little fine lines, mostly under the left eye, while under the right eye it's pretty smooth. I had tried the Juvederm injections and that was a disaster - it led to swelling and bagging. I tried Fraxel Laser treatments and those seemed to just make the slight lines a little deeper. Is there anything, including any skin care products and dietary changes/supplements, that I can use which can help with this? I don't want to mess up my skin anymore with "overkill" techniques which left me disappointed and looking a little worse.

Get to the root of the problem

+1

The first question I would ask is, do you have some underlying situation that is causing the lines. One of the most common causes is ocular allergies. Patients with ocular allergies also tend to swell a lot with under eye Juvederm. If you’re not sure if you have allergies, the most common symptom is itching. People with allergies swell and rub their eyes, both lead to wrinkles. If you have allergies, I would consider using one of the very good over the counter drops. I would suggest Zaditor or Patenol. Each is used twice a day and take about a month to see the full effect.

To treat under eye wrinkles, avoiding the sun is important and using a good skin care line like Obagi (under the supervision of a cosmetic surgeon or dermatologist). A more aggressive treatment that may be worth considering (depending on your skin type) is CO2 laser resurfacing. However that treatment has a long downtime.

Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fine lines on eyes

+1

Several different skin care lines can often help with skin pigmentation issues and fine lines.  I prefer the Obagi lines.  The tretnoic acid can help with the fine lines and the hydroquinone can treat the pigmentation issues.