Best Treatment for Rough Skin, Acne Scars and Enlarged Pores?

I have a very rough skin texture with enlarged, damaged pores, fine lines and acne scars (rolling scars or dents, that are quite shallow), which are mainly located on my cheeks and nose. What treatment do you suggest and what can I expect? Thank you! I am female, 21 years old with a fair skin and dark hair.

Fractional CO2 Laser is the New Gold Standard for Revision of Acne Scarring

+1

Fractional CO2 Laser has become the new gold standard for laser resurfacing for acne scarring. In the past, dermabrasion or traditional ablative CO2 laser resurfacing might be recommended; however, the requirement for general anesthesia and associated substantial downtime has made prior modalities less desirable. Fractional CO2 laser allows for the CO2 laser energy to be delivered in a fractionated fashion to dramatically shorten downtime 5-6 days and achieve significant smoothing of skin texture and rejuvenation of an aging skin with one treatment. For significant acne scarring, one may benefit from a series of 2-3 fractional co2 laser 3-6 months apart.

There is not that much difference between the existing Fractional CO2 Lasers (Deep/Active/Total Fx, Mixto, Fraxel Repair, etc) as they all perform comparably. The key is to find an experienced physician with a team approach to customize a series of pre-op and post-op care routine to maximize your clinical outcome. Different parameters such as the depths of laser penetration, density of penetration, energy released, number of passes for particular anatomic region vary for different skin types and different priorities of the patients. Ideally, you should be under the care of a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has performed at least 50 cases of your skin type and know exactly what to do in order to prevent and manage complications.

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon