Best Treatment for Facial Seborrheic Dermatitis?

I have Seborrheic Dermatitis on my face, kind of like dandruff on the scalp, but on the face. The problem is that the flakes get in the pores every day. I even use 2% salicylic acid and Nizoral cream, but it still happens. I was wondering, is there anything more effective I can use? Thank you.

Many treatments for facial seborrhea

+1

Consult a board-certified dermatologist if your problem does not respond as expected to treatment. He/She can make sure you have seborrheic dermatitis (since there are conditions that can mimic it) and prescribe treatment.

Mild topical steroids like hydrocortisone and desonide are often quite helpful for facial seborrheic dermatitis. These should be used only as needed and under the care of your doctor since some require a prescription and all have potential side effects. Anti-fungal creams or washes may also help. I think salicyclic acid (which is often used for acne) is less likely to be helpful and perhaps more irritating.

Other treatments sometimes used include non-steroid products likes Protopic or Elidel. Again, these require a prescription and have potential side effects.

Austin Dermatologic Surgeon