Best Treatment for Back Acne Scars

I have had back acne when I was a teenager. But I ignored it and did nothing about it. Now my back is full of scars. Can these be treated?

Treatment for Acne Scars on the Back

+1
There may be several different treatment options. This will depend on what kind of scars they are. If they have some redness to them then IPL may be a great way to reduce and eliminate the redness. Lasers, Chemical Peels and the Dermaroller can work wonders on scars when properly treated. You may find that the solutions are the same as for scarring on face.

Web reference: http://www.edelsteincosmetic.com/learning-centre/acne/acne-scar-treatment.php

Treatment of back acne scars

+1

The treatment of the back is more difficult than the face. For thickened scars, one can use injections of Kenalog. Alternatively, Fractional CO2 resurfacing can be used, but only in the most experienced hands.

For depressed scars, TCA peeling can be very effective, but only in the most experienced hands.

Robert S. Bader, M.D.

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Back acne scars

+1

In my opinion, the best treatment for back acne scars is a combination of glycolic-acid lightening creams and a series of chemical peels to the area.

Greenwich Dermatologist

Best Treatment for Back Acne Scars

+1

Depends on the nature of the scars, the best course may be to do nothing. Photos will be helpful. Consult with 3 - 4 physicians in your area to determine your options.

Depends on the nature of the scars

+1

If your problem is more of pigmentation with superficial scars, then chemical peels like TCA will help and you can expect reasonable results. But if there are more hypertrophic/ keloidal scars, it may be better to leave the area alone, and try intralesional steroid injections on a small area and take it from there.

India Dermatologist

Treatment for back acne scars

+1

Absolutely, there are many options to improve and eradicate acne scars on the back. I routinely perform these in my office and they encompass the following evaluation and treatment.

• Hyperpigmentation of scars
  • Contour irregularities
  • Ice pick scars
  • Hypertrophic scars

Each of these can contribute to acne scars and each can be treated with non-invasive modalities, including chemical peels, TAC injection, dermabrasion, microdermabrasion, and topical creams.

Web reference: http://karemd.com/cosmetic-dermatology/16/acne-scar-removal.aspx

Unfortunately, there is no treatment

+1

There is no treatment you can use that will remove the scars on your back from acne.  Anything you might try will either do nothing or will potentially cause more scars.  So it is best to leave the area alone.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.