Best Solution for Sun Spots and Face Telangiectasias?

I would like to get rid of the brownish spots on my skin (and the telangiectasias and fine lines too, if possible) without it taking too long . I tried IPL but it didn't do much. I don't mind having some down time. What would be the best option? Thanks!

Facial Telangiectasia and Red Spots

+2

I have had the best success treating difficult cases of telangiectasia and red spots with a combination of IPL and ND:YAG laser treatments. I use the Cutera Limelight and Laser Genesis Lasers. If these conditions do not resolve with IPL treatments alone, then the addition of a laser is often successful. It is often amazing how fresh and clean skin appears after the combination of these treatments.

Burley Facial Plastic Surgeon

A Photorejuvenation package is your best solution and really works!!

+2

To treat facial wrinkles, broken capillaries and age spots or discolorations of the skin you need a combination of treatments. We offer what is called a Photorejuvenation package, consisting of 5 sessions with each session 2-4 weeks apart but can vary more if needed.

Each session you get a Vibraderm microdermabrasion, an IPL Prolite II treatment for broken capillaries and age spots, and a chemical peel for wrinkles and discolorations of the skin. You get all 3 at the same visit each time you come in.

Each treatment will vary depending on what you have going on the up coming week. If you have to look good with no down time, then we go lighter on all the treatments.

If you can afford 1 week of looking flaky then we go stronger. That is why we offer 5 sessions so that everyone gets their optimum results no matter what their work schedule. It gives amazing results and it is easy to go through.

Also all the creams such as bleaching creams, retin A creams and sunscreens are included as well.

You can't go wrong. Good Luck.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

RE: Best Solution For Age Spots and Telangiectasias

+1

For spider veins on the face, the Vbeam laser would be an ideal choice.

This is due to the particular wavelength that it uses, the 595nm.

This energy is absorbed very well by oxygenated hemoglobin, which is how it enters the blood vessels. It will then damage the walls. The blood vessels will then be broken down by the body and these fragments will be carried away.

Sun spots and fine lines can be addressed by Fraxel lasers. They use different energy wavelengths that will stimulate the formation of new collagen and break up the melanin producing cells. Again , the clearing process is performed by the body.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Sun spots and facial telangiectasia

+1

I recommend a series of 3-5 IPL treatments spaced one month apart from each other.  I recommend that you see your provider to fully assess your skin type and the degree of sun damage that your have.  Also, make sure the laser settings are appropriate for your skin type.

Sam Naficy, MD

Fraxel Dual Re:Store great for brown spots

+1

IPL usually works very well for lentigines (brown spots from the sun/age) and telangiectasias (small blood vessels on the face).   Another great option is the Fraxel Dual Re:Store, which is highly effective in treating brown spots on the face.  A series of treatments is needed for the best results.  It's a fractionated laser, so there is minimal downtime with the treatments.  The iridex laser works well to target stubborn vessels that don't respond to IPL.  Before any laser treatment, it's important to have a board certified Dermatologist evaluate brown spots on the face to make sure they are benign.  And with any treatment, using a broad-spectrum sunscreen and protecting skin from the sun is vital to preventing the brown spots from returning.

Donna Bilu Martin, MD
Miami Beach Dermatologist

Several options

+1

Usually IPL works very well for sunspots. Also certain skin care lines that incorporate hydroquinone and retin-A can work very well.. Telangiectasias can be treated with several different lasers. IPL can help with some redness, and I have a clearscan laser which targets hemoglobin and specifically treats telangiectasias or spider veins.