Best Scar Removal Treatment for Old Scars?

What is the best treatment for an old scar (more than 15 years)? I applied different kinds of creams but nothing changed. Can you help me sort it out?

Older Scars can be improved

+1
Older scars are called "mature" scars and do not respond to some of the treatments we perform on newer or "immature " scars. Creams and even injections won't do much for mature scars. You really only have three options. One, live with it. Depending on the location of the scar, and how prominent it is, sometimes that is the best option. Two, a scar revision. If the scar is overly prominent, and especially if it is on the face, a scar revision, which is the excision of the existing scar, can be performed and allow the scar to be less obvious. Thirdly, and now what I consider to be the best option for older scars, treat it with the Sciton Profractional XC Laser. This laser treatment creates tunnels into the skin that cause a tremendous amount of new collagen growth. Because the laser only injures 11%-22% of the skin, healing occurs very rapidly, and it can be used on virtually any area of the face or body. I have seen very prominent scars nearly disappear after 2-3 treatments.

Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon