Male Belly Fat - Best Results from Liposuction or Tummy Tuck?

Do I have to get a Tummy Tuck or will Liposuction give me better results? I have a problem with belly fat. I work out a lot and I still can't seem to get rid of the belly fat. I am considering getting surgery. I am not sure if I should get Liposuction or should I get a Tummy Tuck. If I can get good results with Lipo then I prefer that. Please help

What you need is liposuction

+2

If a woman comes to me with a post-pregnancy belly problem, about 90% of them will need a tummy tuck because of lax skin, poor elasticity and muscle laxity.

You, on the other hand, would only need liposuction if anything at all. Obviously you work out alot but you do still have some excess body fat ie. in the lat area. You might want to visit with a dietician and see what dietary modifications you could make because I am sure you would like your body 20 pounds lighter than if you have liposuction and stayed the same weight.

Liposuction of abdomen first before consideration of tummy tuck

+2

Tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is a great procedure but should be saved for people with substantial sagging of the abdomen and significant loss of skin elasticity, such as after delivery triplets. However, the procedure involves greater risk of scarring, infection, and possibly adhesion of fibrous scar tissue leading to bowel obstruction. Liposuction alone should be fine for most patients as there is significant amount of retraction after liposuction where an intentional plane of scar tissue can allow the skin to 're-attach' back to the sheath covering the muscles if compression garment is worn for 4 weeks. However, too many patients get talked into doing liposuction and tummy tuck during the same procedure that may not always be medically indicated.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Male liposuction of the abdomen

+1

For men fat tends to be stored in the intra-abdominal compartment. This is visceral fat and can not be liposuctioned. This visceral fat can only be lost by diet and exercise.   The risks for men are the same as for women.  The most common area men request liposuction is the lower abdomen and love handle areas.   If your skin is in good condition then liposuction is the correct procedure. 

Liposuction or Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for the question picture.

I am somewhat surprised at how confident my colleagues are in recommending liposuction to you. The results of liposuction surgery will depend on the quality of skin elasticity that is present. This will greatly depend on your physical examination as well as your history of weight gain and weight loss.

Be careful. Consult with a few well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who have all the potential tools in their  armamentarium to help you.

Liposuction or tummy tuck

+1

I think in your case a liposuction might give you the desired appearance. There is a small risk, from looking at your pictures, that there might be a little loose skin left behind on the lower abdomen. If there are no stretch marks there, it might do well though.

Julio Garcia, MD

Smart Lipo and Body Jet Lipo most likely will address your problem

+1

Most likely Smart Lipo + Body Jet Lipo will address your issues. Go see 3 boarded plastic surgeons in your area to get opinions. Good Luck.

Liposuction

+1

You really do not need to have an abdominoplasty which is done for separated tummy muscles (mostly after pregnancy or massive weight gain) and a great amount of loose tummy skin.

Liposuction is the answer. Consider having a VASER liposuction procedure.

Dr. P. Aldea

Liposuction for men belly and love handles

+1

Of course you would be examined prior to surgery, liposuction should be the preferred treatment. You seem to be a good candidate from the photograph. The medications you take, if any, should be reviewed to ensure that there are no concerns wtih how they react with the procedure and its local anesthetic. The risk of infection should be discussed, which is normally low, but could be increased wtih diabetes, or certain medications such as steroids, etc. Scars, irregularities, discoloration, dimpling, sensitivity, numbness, etc are some risks, but many other items would be discussed in consultation with any physician you see.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Liposuction will probably give you what you want

+1

Rarely do men get tummy tucks unless they have been quite large ( obese) and then lost a tremendous amount of weight -- over 100 lbs. It appears as if you are a good candidate for liposuction of the areas that trouble you. People think that lipo is for the fat -- they are wrong -- it works best for those who are a normal weight but just have excess fat that they have trouble getting rid of.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

From your photo, Liposuction should give you the results you want

+1

Liposuction should be easy to give you what you want without  the scarring of the tummy tuck or the cost or downtime. Make sure your doc does the tumescent technique with the microcanula to get the best results. It may cost more but is so worth it. Cost is roughly $6000 for the abdomen and flanks.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon