Best Procedure to Reduce Fat on Hips and Buttocks

Hi, My name is Marie-Pier, and I am 19 years old. I have a little amount of fat located on the outside of my legs and buttocks. I go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week, and it seems like it won't go away! I would like to have a surgery like Smart Lipo or have some treatments, such as Velashape, Ultrashape, or Accent XL, but the thing is that Ii don't know what to do. If you could give me some advice... What's the best treatment for exercise-resistant fat in the hips and buttocks area? Thank you, Marie

Liposuction best for hips and buttocks

+3

Liposuction is the best procedure for excess fat on hips and thighs. However, I do not advise performing aesthetic plastic surgery on individuals under the age of 21. At 19, the changes in your body can be dramatic and in my opinion, this is not the ideal time of your life to make the decision of a permanent change to the face or body.

Should you elect to have liposuction now or in the future, choose your plastic surgeon carefully. The majority of physicians performing liposuction in the U.S. are not board certified plastic surgeons and some have had absolutely no surgical training whatsoever.

Other questions on this site can help to give you information about choosing a plastic surgeon and the difference in a physician board certified in plastic surgery vs. a physician board certified in cosmetic surgery.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction!

+2

Any version will work for you. At 19, your skin quality is most likely very good, which (aside from technical skill of the surgeon) is one of the most important factors in achieving a good result from liposuction.

Visit with several surgeons who perform the procedure to hear their opinions, and decide who to go with. Make sure they are well qualified to perform this type of surgery, and don't be too heavily swayed by media "hype" that is paid advertising for a particular piece of equipment.

Michael A. Bogdan, MD, FACS

Liposuction best for isolated areas of fat

+1

The best treatment available to remove isolated areas of fatty deposits is liposuction - period. The other things that you mentioned are all options for treatment many of which with little to no significant effect.

Tumescent liposuction corrects legs and buttocks.

+1

Hi.

Avoid the other treatments you mention.  Waste of money.  In my opinion, SmartLipo is mostly a gimmick.  You sound like a great candidate for well done tumescent liposuction of the buttocks and outer legs.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)