Best Tear Troughs and Jowls Procedure for a Younger Look?

I would like to know what procedure would be best for me to look younger if I could only afford one. I really hate the "tear troughs" under my eyes, but I also dislike the "jowly" look I'm getting lately. I am 53 years old so I don't expect miracles, but want to get the most bang for my buck. Please help!

Options for correction

+2

Hyaluronic fillers to the tear trough and infraorbital rim as well as the prejowl areas will provide you with a temporary cost effective "non-surgical face lift".

Alonger lasting result could be achieved with fat grafting.

Otherwise, I think you would benefit from a midface lift or short scar facelifts addressing the midface.

Tear troughs and jowls procedure for a younger look; Best vs. Best bang for your buck?

+2

BEST = Vertical mid Face lift.
GOOD = 3 loop MACS FaceLift
Cheapest / Best bang for your buck = Restylane to the Tear Troughs

The facial descent associated with aging uncovers the lower rim of the orbit unveiling the tear trough and pulling some of the eye socket fat out, resulting in the lower lid fullness. It also causes deepening of the nose to mouth (Nasolabial) lines and creates the jowls.

Lifting the cheeks up as is done with a Vertical MidFaceLift will greatly correct these deformities. The inner (3rd loop) of a 3 loop MACS Facelift would correct jowling and lift somehow the sagging cheek. Both operation require the downtime of a Facelift.

The tear trough can be camouflaged by placement of Restylane just over the orbital rim and that would be a much simpler though not equivalent method to improve this deformity.

Good Luck.

Peter A Aldea, MD