Best Non-invasive Procedure for Hollow Under Eyes?

I'm a very fair-skinned young male and took Accutane for about 7 months at a high dosage during my youth. Since, I've noticed a very large decrease in facial tissue and a thinning of my facial skin. My cheeks have hollowed out as well as my eyes beneath and I'd like to know if there is anything to use such as a filler without visible abnormalities under the skin. I know some fillers will leave bumps and "seeds" under the skin.

Under eye filler

+3

I like Juvederm or Restylane for the lower eye region. the lower eyelid and cheek skin are more sensitive than other areas in the face, so the experience of the injecting doctor must be higher. We have a paradigm for injecting Juvederm which reduces the likelihood of long term swelling.

Semi-permanent fillers and permanent fillers should, in my opinion, be avoided altogether, especially in the undereye region.

Many doctors get nice results from microdroplet fat injection under the eyes but there are complications in even the very best of hands that are difficult to treat.

Lumpiness from Juvederm, should it occur, is almost always temporary.

Lumpiness from semipermanent fillers or fat injection can be very troublesome and require surgical removal.

Most patients who do not wish to have cheeklift / LiveFill surgery are very happy with Juvederm injections into the cheeks, tear trough and eye-cheek junction every four to six months.

Try Restylane

+1

In my opinion the best treatment for hollowness under the eyes is Restylane. Restylane is made from Hyaluronic acid with is a natural skin substance. Under the eyes, the treatment tends to last about one year.

It is important that you get your treatment from someone who is experience with under eye injections. This one of the most difficult areas to treat because the skin is very think and it is often easy to see lumps unless the treatment is done just right. Even then, you may need an adjustment after the initial treatment to get the best results. The advantage of Retylane is that it can be quickly dissolved if necessary. That makes things much safer.

Juvederm is also a very good Hyaluronic acid filler. However it is more likely to cause swelling around the eyes. For that reason I recommend Restylane for this area.

Hope this answers your question.

Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fillers under the eyes

+1

Anytime fillers are placed in the lower eyelid trough, there is always a small risk that lumps may appear. Usually these can be rubbed out if noticed within the first couple of days after the procedure. But the best treatment for your hollowing are probably facial fillers like juvederm, restylane, radiesse, or even autologous fat grafts. More invasive procedures include fate redraping or mid face lifts.