What's Best to Get More Projection with Breast Implants?

I had 475 mod profile unders 3 months ago. They are wide enough but do not project very far. I am 5'6 140 pounds petite looking. Besides talking to my PS what advice do you have for keeping the same look I have now but adding more projection? Should I upgrade to a 575 - 600 mods or should I get 475 high profiles vs my already mod profiles? What is safer?

Implant projection

+1
A high profile implant in the same size can give you more projection without adding additional volume. However, you should discuss your goal with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. They can help you choose size/projection based on measurements of your current body contour.

More Projection After Breast Implant Surgery

+1

If you have had Moderate Profile Implants the optimal way to get more projection without significantly increasing size is to get a Moderate Profile Plus or High Profile depending on your base diameter. If you have a narrow base diameter, you may want a High Profile Plus implant without going up significantly in size for volume as this will also look better long term.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

High profile implants have the greatest projection.

+1

High profile implants have the greatest projection.  Size is a complex decision that is not only based upon your height, weight and current cup/bra size but ALSO on also on your breast diameter, waist, shoulder, and skin envelope measurements. These can only be assessed in person during a consultation

Greater projection is a property of high profile saline implants

+1

I'm often asked what is a better implant, saline or silicone? Of course, the response is "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".  The high profile saline implants will always impart greater projection, even in comparison to similar volume high profile silicone gel implants.  Consult with your PS to find a high profile saline implant, whose "foot print" is similar to the moderate profile 475cc implants you currently enjoy.  Many of my high profile saline implant patients remark that they have improved aesthetics, in separating their chest from their abdomen, without appearing overly "barrel chested", as might occur with a wider, flatter implant.  I think that converting to a high profile implant, instead of overfilling your current implant is a preferable solution, to avoide excessively hardness to the overfilled implant.  good luck.

Lavinia Chong, MD

"Going on up" in implant size

+1

Getting the "BEST" breast is always a compromise between your cosmetic desires and what your body will allow. Obviously, the type of implants that can be placed in a 6'0" 160 pound woman would be much greater than those usable (without looking freakish) in a 5'0" 115 pound woman.

475cc MP (? Natrelle / Allergan) is NOT a small implant and it is not certain that you CAN succeed in "keeping the same look I have now but adding more projection" by putting ever increasing implant sizes because in addition to greater projection they will be wider and heavier and introduce other potentially undesirable changes.

You may want to look at Mentor's series 2000 Moderate PLUS implants or their similarly built HP Silicone gel implants which strike a good balance between projection and width with many women.

A higher profile implant is ideal to increase projection

+1

If you are happy with the width of your current breast implant, if it fits your chest well and provides enough cleavage without running out onto the side of your chest, then the solution to increasing the projection of your breast is a higher profile implant. Your surgeon should be able to choose either a moderate plus, or a high profile implant  to increase the projection. Remember that the implant volume is determined by the base diameter and the projection, so your new implant will be larger though the base diameter will remain the same.

peterejohnsonmd

Projection with implants

+1

If you wnat more projection with implants and you have moderates in, you may be better off with high profiles or moderate plus. For a petite frame this is usually better.

How to pick shape and size of breast implants.

+1

How to pick breast implants sizes and shapes.

Answer by George J. Beraka, MD
1) This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2) It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3) Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4) Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy. The most common mistake is to go too big.

5) I recommend that the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6) The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7) Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8) Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating roon inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

How to increase breast projection with implants

+1

You may increase projection moderately by overfilling the implant.  Also you may choose to go with high profile implant, and increase more with over filling (within specification).

Remember  that if you choose to go from moderate to high profile, you will need a larger implant as the same size high profile implant has a smaller diameter than the moderate profile implant.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Projection comes from higher profile implants

+1

The width can't go wider than your chest width and presumably, your current mod profiles are the right width.  So you can't go much up in size in the mod profiles bacause they will be too wide.  If it is more projection you want, the mod plus and high profiles implants do this.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS